I've just realised it's only 2 weeks (tomorrow) until my first fun run. Yikes. I'm a little scared and excited already but I am looking forward to it.
Satan didn't have an obstacle course lined up for me today - instead it was a circuit consisting of front lunges (ie with front foot on a step), push ups, back lunges (ie with back leg on a step), reverse flys and shoulder braces (obviously these are my names for exercises) which circuit was repeated twice. It was a very tough session but I love it ! I just know I'm going to thank her for all this leg work when I'm hiking over the Andes next month - woohoo !! While waiting for our session to start, I did a couple of my glute strengthening exercises - which, when combined with Thursday's hill session, had my legs wobbling after all those lunges !! Fortunately there has been no muscle soreness after Thursday's session, and the itb-related knee niggle is now behaving itself again, so I'm ready for tomorrow's long run of 8km (which will be my first time running this distance by myself). Yikes !
2 comments:
Good luck tomorrow Jen!
Jen - I'm so excited about your first fun run. I can't wait to hear how you progress during the next couple of weeks. You have done SO well!
Post a Comment