Only 10mins of stretching this morning. Damn snooze button !
Headed out for a run for 30mins at 7pm tonight along the route of the second half (the toughest part) of the MiniMos course (I assume it’s the second half, I have no idea how far it was) – starting from the corner of Raglan & Queen St through to the finish. Beautiful night for a run – almost a full moon and surprisingly mild. Apart from (I confess) stopping once to walk for a minute after running up a nasty-arse hill and to stretch my calves at the 5min and 20min mark, I’m really happy with this run. I ran all the way up one extremely nasty-arse hill at the very end of the course (and continued running once I made it to the top) and felt reasonably comfortable. It was one of ‘those’ runs where it just seems to flow and feel (reasonably) easy – so much easier than last Saturday’s run (must have been all the caffeine I consumed this afternoon in the form of a coffee and Lindt chocolates; call the drug squad !) It seems that hills are a strength of mine thanks to my leg strength but it is my cardio-fitness which lets me down when I get to the top. That will come with time I suppose !
Followed it up with 30mins of stretching. Hip is OK – still not 100% though - and my shins were a little unhappy so I’ve been icing them tonight and will step up the calf exercises again over the next few days. I was wearing ¾ tights tonight which end mid-shin; I don’t think they help the situation.
Overall mood: :-D
1 comment:
Wasn't the moon beautiful last night? I though I was the only one who noticed it. Sounds like your running is really coming along nicely Jen. Good luck with the shins - I feel your pain!
Post a Comment