Saturday, May 14, 2005

Rest, physio and a hot date for lunch !

Friday, 13 May 2005 - rest, physio and a hot date for lunch !

Has anyone ever set themselves a 9km race as their target race for the year ? Yeah, I didn’t think so. Well, someone has to be the first...may as well be me !

Had a hot date at lunch today. Spent 2 hours with the delightful Owl gossiping – um, I mean chatting - about work, men, running and runners. Owl has a tradition of giving all CRs she meets for a meal a little present – mine was a little laughing Buddha statue!! Haha – how appropriate !!! He is very cute (can Buddha be cute ?) I have no excuses not to “Zen Jen” now !! He is positioned on my desk at home, watching over me and sending me “zen” thoughts. How wonderful of her ! Thanks Owl !!

Saw the physio this afternoon. My hip has certainly improved since I last saw him but I’ve had one or two slight niggles in it during the course of today. After a few more (painful) “interventions” on my hip flexors and to loosen up my lower back, he had me doing some new/more strengthening exercises for my lazy glutes. Burn, baby, burn – ouch !! I even bought a fitball today so I could do these exercises at home rather than at the gym. Unfortunately, no running for me until I’ve had 2 or 3 niggle-free days and until after I see him again on Tuesday. Surprisingly I’m not too frustrated by this outcome (must be the little guy watching over me !) because I want to be free of the problems that have frustrated my training over the last 2 months so I can train consistently again. I have big plans !!

No comments: