Saturday 28 May – sports day
I work up this morning feeling like crap; for some reason, I always feel worse the day after a rest day. Don’t know why – don’t get any less sleep; don’t change my diet; just feel crap – lethargic and heavy..
One hour (upper body) weights session at the gym today. A good session actually – I increased the weight on a number of exercises. Thankfully my strength is finally coming back post-holiday.
My sporting day continue when I spent part of the afternoon laying on the grass in the sun at Burwood watching friends play cricket (nice) and then headed to the pub to watch the 'Tahs forget how to play rugby (bad).
Sunday 29 May – blah…
I didn’t want to go for a run today; almost didn’t. Very unusual for me. I’ve been in a blah-mood all week. Not sure why. Today was even worse. Eventually at 4pm I talked myself into going for a run for 30mins along the trail which is (normally) my favourite run and (normally) improves my mood to no end. Today I should have stayed on the couch and ate junk food (which is what I really wanted to do). I felt weak as piss mentally (I even stopped to walk for a minute at some stage because I couldn’t be bothered to run – how bad is that !) and not much better physically. Hip and shins are ok (not great but not as bad as they were on Tuesday night). I’m thinking of seeing a pod to see if it can help with, or minimise, my shin problems. Feeling very frustrated today – blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
PS Booked tickets for GC – had better start making pom poms…
Plan for the week –
* to find my groove or at least lose the blahs..
Monday 30 May:
PM weights session (lower body)
Tuesday 31 May:
AM run – 20mins (on grass)
Wednesday 1 June:
PM Satan + spin class
Thursday 2 June:
AM run – 20 mins on grass
PM – massage
Friday 3 June:
Rest day
Saturday 4 June:
AM weights session (upper body)
Sunday 5 June:
AM run - 35mins
2 comments:
Hi Jen - what a great way to plan your week (with a massage). Thanks for the idea - that might be just what I need to keep me motivated when trying to get out of the door in the mornings!
Ooh Jen
Sounds like you need some serious pom pom support.
Actually, sounds like you need a really good girlie wine night. Roll on July. Now...what can we do with you in the meantime?
Post a Comment