Saw the physio this afternoon for my dodgy right hip. After much poking and prodding and “interventions” (his word for torture - a bruise report will follow tomorrow), the physio decided that my hip flexors are once again too tight and are putting pressure on the other muscles in my hip/pelvis. More stretches to add to the already long list and no running and no spin classes until I see him again on Friday. Given that I am feeling like a big lardy, lardy arse at the moment, this wasn’t particularly welcome news.
Later this afternoon I was catching up on blogs. This normally inspires me and fuels my enthusiasm. Today (when combined with my physio visit and sore hip), it left me very flat and a little down (I admit that that damn green eyed monster won’t leave me). Then I read the blog of my friend, the very wise Owl, which reminded me of something said at yesterday’s graduation ceremony – “I think therefore I am”. I choose not to get disheartened or adopt a negative mindset. I choose to enjoy and celebrate the fact that I can run and that I have a strong body and strong mind. I choose to celebrate and feel happy and proud of the achievements of others in doing something which I love.
When I got home from work tonight, Channel 7 had a “Riverdance” show on. I lurve the music from that show. Must dig out my CD. Cranked up the TV whilst doing my stretches and strengthening exercises. Made my heart sing. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment