Back to work today :-(
I hit the snooze button on the alarm about 4 times this morning. My 'normal' pool is closed for 2 weeks for urgent maintenance work (maybe it sprung a leak..) so for the next 2 weeks I have to head over to the North Sydney Olympic Pool. The idea of having to drive to the pool this morning (not to mention having to put fuel in it ) left me feeling particularly blase about going for a swim - luckily I ate lots of chocolate yesterday; the thought of it all sitting on my ever expanding butt was just the motivation I needed !
Activity: swim
Time: 6am
Duration: 35mins
Mood/energy: slightly blase
ITB: fine
In a world first ;-) Mr Jen joined me this morning - mind you, I think he swam 2 laps then read the paper and acted as my timekeeper because I left my watch at home and - being shortsighted - couldn't see the clock on the wall...I also left my pullbuoy in the car - it was one of those mornings.
Felt good in the water, kept my stroke long & definitely noticed the added buoyancy thanks to the salt water - but god, I hate the taste of it. Makes me want to heave. But what a beautiful place to swim - the view looking up at the Harbour Bridge when turning at the western end of the pool never ceases to surprise me (and then there is the view of Luna Park when you turn at the eastern end of the pool...)
It was nice to swim in a 50m again - my usual pool is only 25m and most of the time I feel like I only just get into my stroke and it's time to turn around again. Nice way to start the day.
Summary: 35mins (approx); 1,400m
WTD: 1.4 kms
MTD: 3.65 kms
Edit: 30mins of stretching tonight. While my ITB is still feeling tight, flexibility in my *ahem* hip/groin seems to be improving. Happy days.
9 comments:
It sounds beautiful Jen. Well done for making the effort!
Mmmmm, 50m salt water pool with a view!!! That sounds like an awesome way to be swimming!
Now, to talk books.... my email address is on my blog if you'd like to email me! :-)
Good for you Jen! As I swim like a rock I think its sounds like a great place to read the paper!
The view is great at NS pool and the coffee at the little cafe is excellent too!
I'm glad you made the effort to get out there and swim Jen. You always feel better after winning these little battles.
That pool owns more world records than any other pool in the world and it has the best view. I love the saltwater, much better than chlorine.
Swiming sounds so nice in your words, it inspires to do it!! Great to know you are starting the year with this positive feeling, and in good shape, you should feel so strong with those swimming sessions, wow!!
The first time at the fire works?that's strange.
The temperatures there are so high, so it is a good time to train swimming so when it gets warmer you will be ready to run so fast!!!
Nice one Jen_swims. Must learn how to do that properly one day. No thats not a resolution either.
Sounds much more scenic than my pool!
I agree about the 50m pool - fortunately both pools I swim in are 50m. When I have had to resort to a 25m pool I feel like a ping pong ball - always bouncing off each end.
Can I just say that 2005 was certainly a big year for you - youngster!!!! This year will be just as good and full of lovely surprises. :-)
Post a Comment