A quick update -
Thursday, I had planned to go for a swim before work but woke up feeling exhausted so I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep.
Friday night - did my LSD swim for the week. 2kms in 49.47mins. Again proved I can't pace myself. The first km was faster than my 'recovery' swim on Tuesday morning. Strangely I was having troubles with my left hand towards the end of the swim. I couldn't "grip" the water; I had no strength left in my hand. Strange, very strange - though both my mother and maternal grandmother have osteo-arthritis in their left hands so I'm not v. surprised...
Saturday & Sunday I spent in Melbourne attending the Australian Open. Luckily we had seats in Rod Laver Arena so we weren't affected by the heat. Being centre court, we saw a lot of the top players including Martina Hingis, Tommy Haas (no.3), Roger Federer (awe inspiring) & Andy Roddick as well as Aussie's Peter Luczak and Sam Stosur. Apart from a bit of walking and lots of clapping, I did absolutely no exercise and ate lots of crap food the whole weekend. It was great ;-)
Monday (today) - feeling shattered today and that was even before I went to the gym. Spent an hour in the gym at lunch - 30mins with Satan, 15mins on the elliptical thingy and 15mins stretching. Our office closes this Wednesday & yet so v. little packing around the office has been done (which has not been helped by the fact that our removalist's boxes have only just arrived - 5pm Monday). Feeling quite blah at the moment - probably understandably so in the circumstances...
13 comments:
Moving sucks, Jen, but we're thinking of you. I hope it all goes smoothly and you settle in OK.
Nice weekend!!
Maybe things changes come also with some negatives thoughts that aren't helping, but go on, Jen!!
You still made an incredible swiming session!
Just keep one foot in front of the other and you WILL get there. This rough patch will pass- hopefully quickly!
Keep your exercise going mate - that will get you through the sucky work time! So sorry I missed you on Sunday.
And I just bought a Bob Dylan gretest hits CD as well! Best of luck with the move Jen. Hope it goes well for you.
LOL - the above was me without my nom de plume :-)
Good to hear the eliptical mover is still an option and working for you.
I am jealous about that trip to Melbourne though....sounds like you had an absolute ball.
hope the blahs were just Monday being Monday. I absolutely hate packing and moving even more than mowing lawns (so it's really the pits). I'll be sending happy thoughts your way on Wednesday to pick you up a bit :)
Wow, what a great time to be at the tennis. Must've been so exciting to see Hingis in action. She's come back - you can do it too!
Hope the work move goes well.
Good luck with the new firm. You'll do well. They are nice people too.
Great to see you had a ball in Mexico Jen. Best of luck with the move and new beginnings.
Hope the moving goes smoothly and hope your mood improves too.
Take care!
Sending positive thoughts your way Jen!
Post a Comment