I went for a walk this morning. My first in 9 weeks. Gee, it was nice to work up a bit of a sweat again - unfortunately the sweat can be attributed to the heat & humidity rather than the pace. Still it was a 35mins walk on a relatively flat course with a few small inclines with no complaints from my knee. Came home and stretched for 20mins. Very happy to report that there have been no complaints from my knee, even hours later. Happy days! No swim though - couldn't be bothered...
To answer Gronk's question, yes I will be basing my 'return to running' on a Pfitzinger program designed specifically for returning from stress fractures but bastardising it to suit me - for example, I will probably repeat the first week twice and will only ever run 4 days per week.
Wedding update: I know there hasn't been one for a while. I had wedding-overload after a lunch with my parents and Mr Jen's parents on December 30 when they talked about nothing but the wedding! Anyhoo, I am now the proud owner of bridal magazines (my god, they are expensive!) and Mum and I have spent the morning on a wedding dress scouting expedition. OMG. I'm going to have nightmares tonight and falling in the surf and being unable to swim thanks to the tulle, chiffon, hoops, pearls, sparkles, tiaras, gloves, trains etc etc etc....
11 comments:
Yay Jen! That's soooo exciting about your walk. And even moreso because the knee didn't complain. Woohoo!!!
Now I've got that bloody Willy Nelson song in my head - but it is worth it to hear you managed that walk without any pain - woooooohooooo good for you Jen - you will be running trails in no time! ;-)
Very exciting! Hope the program goes well for you. The running 6 days a week now is not hard as it doesn't say what pace to do except 2 days where you run at 15k? pace.
Now THAT's what we like to hear!
oh, and yes the walking effort and pain-free knee is good news too I suppose ;)
Hey Jen. I've got an dea to save you from all the tiara and tule problems! Wear a suit (a la Greta Garbo) and let Mr Jen wear the dress :-) :-)
sfG
p.s. now tell me, are you going to run to take your mind off the wedding preparations, or run so that you can think about things??
Pain free exercise? Maybe you were just not trying hard enough? Well done mate!
Good news it went well!! I imagine you felt pretty excited!!
Yes, much better to start step by step.
Funny dream!!
***crowd cheers****
Well done Jen!!! That is great news! I hope it is all onwards and upwards. Wedding dresses... now your into the exciting stuff!
That's really good news Jen. I'm glad you're remembering the stretches, too.
Jen, I'm really happy that you've managed a pain free walk. It must've been so good.
Judging by the number of comments here I reckon you better name the time and place for your next walk so that we can get the pom poms out. I reckon you're owed a cheer or two.
Cheers,
Ben
Great news Jen. You'll be back in no time. I see Pfitzie recommends some water running too. Are you going to do that or just swim! I can recommend some good water running places that Mrs Aqua Satan and I are scouting out!
Post a Comment