Saturday, January 07, 2006

Day 19 - on HOLIDAY :-)

Including the weekends, I have 9 days off work starting today. Woohoo :-) This is my first holiday in about 3 years where I haven't travelled. I have no plans beyond lots of sleeping, reading, exercising, eating, drinking, laying on the couch, relaxing and generally being a lady of leisure. Happy days :-)

My knee pulled up reasonably well after my lower body session with Satan on Thursday. A little tightness around my knee and on my hip but it was nothing compared to the problems I've had in the past.

Yesterday (Friday) marked 8 weeks (and 3kg extra) since I last ran. Saw my stand-by chiro/osteo yesterday (Friday) for more punishment on my hip & *ahem* groin. It is slowly, but surely, improving :-) I was hoping to see my usual chiro/osteo dude this week - with the hope (fingers crossed) of getting the ok to go for a little jog - but unfortunately I can't get into see him until Monday week. Drats. Between you and me, I'm planning to go for a little walk late next week to see how it responds....

Activity: swim
Time: 8am
Duration: ?
Mood/energy: slightly hungover
ITB: ok

Today (Saturday) I had arranged to meet Lulu at the rather scenic ;-) ABC pool at 8am. Dragged my butt out of bed at 7.30am after a late night gossip session with a girlfriend and some red wine. One piece of vegemite toast (I was hungry) & a glass of Endura (I was rather dehydrated) later, I was ready to face the drive across the Bridge. Met Lulu, Mr Lulu and their friend Johnny at the pool just after 8am. Had a crap swim. I felt heavy in the water; like a cartoon character, spinning their arms and legs and not going anywhere. Luckily the scenery made up for it ;-) Anyhoo, did a 1km and decided that was enough given I've got a 2+kms swim on the program tomorrow. Finished with a yummy breakfast & a chat at a cafe in Potts Point - fantastic way to start a holiday :-)

Summary: 1kms; time unknown
WTD: 2.4kms
MTD: 4.65kms

30mins of stretching tonight followed by an LSD swim (and more stretching) tomorrow to finish off the week...

9 comments:

runlady said...

Enjoy the break. Nothing like doing nothing. :P

I see you have the Warwick Pentath run on your upcoming races... good to see, it is great fun.

Tesso said...

Sounds soooooo relaxing - that's what I call a holiday!

Enjoy :-)

Superflake said...

2k Roughwater Classic swim at Nth Bondi tomorrow. Much better than doing 2ks of laps. late entry before 8:45am. I'm in if the swell is ok. Have a great holiday.

Aki said...

You'll be a swimming champion in no time. Watch out Thorpie!

Cirque said...

You have such a fantastic positive attitude there Jen. I've been feeling really miserable thinking I only have nine days until I have to go back to work.....
Enjoy!

CJ said...

Have a great break - sounds similar to what I've been doing - nothing, other than catching up with friends, reading, shopping, eating....and falling over. Feeling very stiff and sore now.

Katie said...

Ohh I am green with envy... I know I had 4 weeks off in November but that seem soooo long ago!! enjoy... 3yrs without a holday.. you deserve it!!

BuckeyeRunner said...

I am so jealous. Enjoy your time off!!

Hilda said...

I love when you say "Happy Days".
I wish all this days are like that!

You are doing so well at swiming!! I can't imagine myself doing even half of what you've acomplished!!