I don't normally eat before a morning run but I woke up this morning starving (ok, I am ALWAYS hungry but was unusually so) so I had a piece of white toast (yuk) with honey (yum), then did my stretches and wasted a bit more time before setting out.
Today I set myself the goal of running 8kms for the first time by myself (the only other time I've run 8kms was with NRG). Why does the first km always feel so hard ?? I ran from half way down Middle Head Road along the harbourside trail to Sirius Cove, then up along Raglan Street to make a total of 8kms. It was absolutely beautiful this morning, albeit a bit chilly. I took it very slowly today, not wanting to die early. Parts of the trail between Clifton Gardens and Taylors Bay were again/still overgrown (in places, I had to fight my way though the chest high grass so I could even find the trail) so it was very slow going - 36.01 to Bradleys Head (approx. 5kms). I felt very strong between Bradleys Head and Taronga Zoo and had to resist the urge to increase the pace just a little - which is good because I didn't know that there was a god awful set of stairs to head up from Sirius Cove to Raglan Street. D'oh. The next time I run that course, I'll head in the opposite direction so I get to come down the stairs instead !
I finished with a time of 57.43. Pretty bloody slow for 8kms but I did it. Woohoo !! But now of course I'm a little annoyed that I didn't keep running for another 2mins 17secs..... I still can't believe that I can run for over 50mins.....
Took myself off to Athletic Edge this afternoon to get a new pair of shoes. After going for a jog down the street in them, Steve told me that I had a good running style and he could see me doing a half this year ! ("tell 'em his dreaming").
Total for the week: 14.5kms (only two sessions)
This weeks plan
Monday - yoga
Tuesday - intervals
Wednesday - Satan
Thursday - NRG
Friday - weights session
Saturday - my 6ft track debut (as a spectator) (ie rest day)
Sunday - 8kms
3 comments:
Well done Jen. Love reading others get really into it too, keep it up and see you Saturday!
Sounds like a great run Jen!
C'mon fess up what brand/model of shoes did you get??
Well done Jen, it sounds like your sunday run was a good session for your upcoming race, nearly 60 minutes of running, how very cool!!
Post a Comment