Cheering at SMC + 50min walk + 40mins stretching and calf and glute exercises
Up this morning before the sun to head to Smithfield to watch the SMC races (I would not have imagined myself doing such a thing 12 months ago) as per the agreement Plu and I reached in the chatroom last night. Had a fun morning chatting to Plu and cheering on the runners. Thankfully Plu for the foresight to bring a couple of very comfy chairs which saved us from sitting in the gutter. Owl and I also planned our strategy for cheering on everyone next Sunday. Met JD, Ray James and Sailaway amongst others. Everyone ran really well, particularly Sailaway who was (I think) 4th man home.
This afternoon I headed out for my 50min walk; this time up and down the hills of Balmoral and part of the track from Middle Head to Chowder Bay. I’m really looking forward to running that track again (hopefully) next weekend – my favourite run. Followed it up with (more) stretches and strengthening exercises. No problems with the hip today so I should (fingers crossed) get the ok from the physio to run again (albeit only 3kms) on Tuesday. Happy days !!
1 comment:
Great to read about your cheering exploits with Plu and The Owl. I am looking forward to your cheers on Sunday at the SMH Half. It is also good to see that you had 2 pain free days.
Post a Comment