Up at 5.40am this time for 20mins of stretching. The snooze button stole the extra 10mins of stretching time.
Today was a much needed rest day. My arms, back, chest and abs are sore (in a good way) after yesterday's session with Satan. Actually, the only body parts that didn't hurt were my shins and hip so I am a happy camper !!
Had a massage this afternoon - I have a pretty high pain threshold but it still really hurt. Interestingly, she thinks that my LHS may not be moving as freely as it should, causing the RHS (including my dodgy right hip) to do extra work. Need to increase flexibility in my hips/pelvis and a return visit is planned for next Thursday. Will finish today with a bath and more stretches before an early night. Tomorrow is a rest day (with stretches of course). I'm also due to do my glute and calf strengthening exercises tomorrow but will see how my parts are feeling post-massage.
I heard good news today from my good friends Cirque and Skizzik - they are both doing so well and are making so much progress. I'm so proud of them !
Edit: I run therefore I am...
Had a conversation with a client today which made me question my perception of myself. I mentioned that I get up early and he said to me: "That's right, you are a runner aren't you ?". I said "yes" but as I said it, my immediate thought was "no, not really". I felt like a fraud; like I was trying to pass myself off as a "runner" and hoping no-one would notice. I think that I have an image in my head (if only subconsciously) of what a "runner" is and what a "runner" looks like and because I don't think that I fit that image, then I couldn't possibly be one. But the fact is "I run therefore I am". I just have to believe that....I will; it will just take a little time...
2 comments:
Hi Jen,Thanks for the speedy thoughts promise for Sunday. Can I swap them for some stamina ones at about, oh lets say...between 9:50-10:10am? Your thoughts on your "runner" image made me stop and think of how I consider my "runner" image. I guess it varies a but "slow" was a common them that kept coming to me! Its just part of my life though and whenever I do it I feel better for it - and I keep meeting nice people through it. People that are "doers" not "gunners". I like people like that in my life..
Jen I can relate to this! In weight watchers we have a saying "fake it till you make it"...if we keep pretending to be runners long enough we'll forget we ever weren't runners. The fact you said "yes" and not "no, not really, I am just a shuffler" or something like that proves you are on your way. Besides you speak runner far more fluently than me
;-)
Post a Comment