Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Blahs be gone !

Well work is still terribly busy but despite a desk that looks like a rubbish tip, my blahs are (slowly) lifting. Still sick - not getting worse; not really getting better either

Slept in this morning (stayed up late last night watching Lance make the rest of the TdF field look like amateurs) instead of doing a spin class so today became another rest day....

I had a couple of emails today from Chundachick (thanks to Clairie) who has - and continues - to battle spin splints and yet manages a heavy training load. I'm feeling much more positive about my shin problem now, how to manage it and how to increase my training load without stressing them too much. No doubt part of the reason my blahs are lifting....

Off for acupuncture this afternoon for my neck/back problem. I also had him have a look at my calves. Turns out my soleus are particularly tight on both legs(who knew I even had one!). After an attempt to set a new world record for the number of needles inserted in various parts of my anatomy, an hour later I was walking gingerly down the stairs. I always feel a bit out of it after an acupuncture treatment; but I think it's more do to with the fact that I almost fall asleep on the table rather than the effect of the needles. Tonight my calves, neck and back are a bit sore which is usual. A heat pack tonight (a nice change from the ice!) & some magnesium and I should be right for my session with Satan tomorrow.

Might do a spin class on Friday morning (which would be my first cardio session for the week, yikes...don't panic Jen, you are sick right now...) depending on how I feel tomorrow...

Go Lance !

3 comments:

miners said...

Nice to see your posts are gradually shedding their blahs (and no, they haven't arrived up here yet - except for work blahs - I have heaps of those up here thank you very much).

I understand the idea of dropping the upcoming race schedule from your blog - but don't lose focus either Jen! Make sure you still set yourself some goals - no goals = higher blah potential :)

CJ said...

Glad to hear you are feeling less blahish. However, I think I have them now - feel a cold coming on. Head hurts but rest of body feels line so *touch wood* I'll be fine soon. Doesn't Lance look great heading up the mountains - love the hilly stages, far more interesting. Take care!

Cirque said...

Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better Jen.
Hope you can find your desk soon and Zen Jen will emerge triumphant once again.