A strange day - despite:
(a) 3.5 hours sleep thanks to the TdF and an early meeting;
(b) arriving at work to discover I had no 'work' shoes there and spending the day in my friend's extremely high heels - I could feel my calve muscles shrinking with every step (I have been known to wonder around the office sans shoes if the bosses aren't around or after hours. However today I spent the day walking between my office and that of my boss - and past a meeting room that had a continual flow of client traffic all day...hence it was not a non-shoes day);
(c) working through lunch instead of seeing Satan at 2pm;
(d) having to reschedule a coffee with a client because of the amount of urgent work on my desk; and
(e) having my client pull out of a deal that I have been working on almost non-stop for the last 4 weeks (grrr),
I was in a fabulous mood all day (think someone spiked my coffee....). I am however sad to see the end of the TdF (my fav sporting event of all - can you tell?) and LA's career (my (sporting) hero). What an amazing athlete. And I'm happy to see that Jen's Boys (my team in the CR Dream Team comp) finished second in the KOM and third overall. Woohoo !!
Fortunately I was able to reschedule my appointment with Satan to 6pm. Probably my toughest session so far (clearly these names are mine):
- bench step up/knee up with shoulder press;
- jackknives;
- glute/hammy exercise that kills me;
- barbell chest press on swiss ball (17.5kgs to exhaustion, then 10kgs to exhaustion);
- row (17.5kgs to exhaustion, then 10kgs to exhaustion),
repeated twice. Very tough but once again, another great session. I saw a photo today of Sheryl Crow at the TdF - she has the most amazing arms. Might stick the photo on the fridge to keep me out of it!
1 comment:
So if nancy is your sporting hero, then I must simply be your everyday life blogging hero only - oh well.
and yes, Sheryl really does have nice arms. First thing I noticed about her too ...
Post a Comment