Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Satan

Had planned to do a spin class with the Satanic Spin Instructor this morning but the TdF (or more specifically my lack of sleep because I've been staying up half the night to watch it) got in the way. Oh well. Evans was just inspirational last night; such a determined ride in such sad circumstances.

A date with Satan at lunch again today. I've decided to see Satan twice a week for the time being to give my body a bit of a kick. Oh boy, does it get a kick. Another largely upper body weights session with Satan but a glute exercise thrown in the middle for good measure. Session include lat pulldowns (2 different versions); reverse flyes; push-ups; the glute step-up exercise and trying to balance on my knees on a swiss ball. I fear in the not-to-distant future Satan will be throwing at me (and no doubt expecting me to catch without falling off) a medicine ball....yikes. Her eyes also lit up when I commented that I didn't seem to be doing anymore push-ups. Satan then said that I was doing them better than I was in the past and that she hadn't really been pushing me to increase the no. of push-ups after my shoulder problem last year...but I suspect that I have put the idea in her head. Double yikes. However on the good side, I discovered that I actually have abs which are visible without sucking my stomach in and twisting into a strange angle. Very cool.

Think I will delete my blog from the CR list of bloggers. As Wombat pointed out yesterday, it really has very little to do with running anymore...

9 comments:

silverfox said...

Jen

I am doing a little blogsurf and just caught your last comment. I personally would be sad to see that happen. We all have periods where the words are hard and the story not the one we want to tell. But that is (for me anyway) why we blog. To keep that focus on the goal. Believe me I know what its like.

Whether the goal is a moving target or a particular event, never lose sight of it. Sometimes it will kick you up the date but it just makes it more satisfying when you finally achieve what you set out to. If you have to reasess goals, there is no shame in that either, as long as you are true to yourself.

Keep your chin up Jen, chip away in small increments and you will be very surprised where you are in even a short space of time.

miners said...

Don't you dare delete your link missy!

Hey, maybe I'm just a superficial reader, but tonight's the firsttime I actually realised Satan was female! Conjures up all these dominatrix images. I had previously imagined Satan to look more like Ben Stiller from Dodge Ball

Unknown said...

No way Jose! Not getting out of it that easy pal! Ditto what the very astute SF typed.

CJ said...

Please don't delete your link Jen - I enjoy reading about your adventures with Satan (kneeling on a swiss ball! - I can barely balance on it as it is). Injuries and downtime are all part of being a runner (unfortunately). I guess what I'm trying to say is that being a runner is also a state of mind and not just solely when you're out there running. Gosh, this is all a bit deep and meaningful early in the morning. Hang in there!

miners said...

I hope Plu was talking about Silverfox and his baby blues - I'm sure he wasn't referring to my new dominatrix-attachment I have to your blog

Lulu said...

I agree with everyone above.. you are still a runner, just one that is recovering from an injury. Stay the hand my girl!

Cirque said...

Oh Excusez-moi?
Did I just read your comment correctly? How many times have you drummed into me that I must on no account give up or delete my blog link when I've been feeling the same way? If everyone deleted their link when they were injured there would be no blogs!

PS - You have abs? How cool!

Anonymous said...

If you delete yours i will delete mine....

Hey, then the world would be a better, safer, and a far more bloody boring place...

Not an option Jen!

Martin said...

I always though Satan was a bloke too!

Hopefully you will continue on Jen, too much testosterone around, need you girls to balance the books! :) We all have to tough it out now and again, but it DOES get easier, I promise, just stick at it.