In the interests of blog honesty, I confess that I haven’t done any exercise this weekend because I couldn’t be bothered. Very strange for me – even the thought of C2S in 2 weeks isn’t enough to scare me out and onto the road. Oh well. C’est la vie. I’ve had a lovely weekend of eating, socialising, sleeping, drinking and reading (now I’ve just got to do the housework – yuk!)
I think my slightly blah-type state (but only in respect of exercise) is not helped by the fact that I’ve been getting increasingly frustrated by the fact that the scales aren’t moving and my clothes haven’t been getting any bigger over the last month or so (despite the amount of exercise that I have been doing) – but then again if I’m entirely honest with myself, I have been satoaging my efforts over the last few weekends as a result of feeling frustrated...Having said that, losing weight has not, for quite a while, been my motivation to exercise - it is to move, to maintain my sanity, to manage stress levels and simply because I love it. However at the moment I am 2kgs above my ideal weight - the weight at which I feel most comfortable and confident. It's the same damn 2kgs that I brought back from Sth America; hence my frustration. But no more - I am not going to feel frustrated nor will I sabotage my efforts. My diet/eating will be back on track this week and I am setting myself the goal of losing the 2kgs over the next 2 months (by 1 October). I'm also going to spend more time reading. Reading is one of the great loves of my life (apart from Mr Jen of course) - the way I recharge my batteries and keep my sanity but something I have not been doing much of lately.
Week in review:
Spin: 2
Weights: 3 (Satan x 2)
Runs: 1
Walk: 1 (1hr)
Not a bad week (though clearly not enough running). Unfortunately no pilates class and I don’t think I’ll make it to one this week thanks to work. My quads been dead the last few weeks. I’ve hardly been doing any weights work on my legs so I think that during my cardio sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have to take a bit of the load off the bike and increase the RPMs – might help my legs recover a little better for the spin class on the following days.
The week ahead:
Monday: walk to work (1 hour) + Satan
Tuesday: cardio session (15mins run/15min bike) + massage
Wednesday: Spin + Satan
Thursday: cardio session (17mins run/15mins bike)
Friday: spin + upper body weights
Saturday: run 23mins
To finish on a high and to answer the question about Mr Jen’s good news. As some might know, Mr Jen moved out to western NSW for work about 18 months ago. Well on Friday afternoon, he was offered a job in Sydney so as of October he’ll be back in Sydney full time. Yippee !
5 comments:
Excellent news Jen! As for not exercising this weekend - I have times like that. The thought of just eating, socialising sleeping, drinking and reading just sounds glorious - oh gosh, I'm very jealous!!! I'm sure the break will be good for you and help those niggles too. So any good suggestions for books to read? I'm nearly through Dirt Music, will be reading Harry Potter next, but then ?
Don't worry about a weekend off, particularly as you've been working so hard, I'm sure you need some well deserved R and R.
What are you reading btw. I'm reading a Tariq Ali book called the Clash of Fundamentalisms which is very interesting but will need a fictional break next.. nothing like a good book.
Good news about Mr J, Jen. He's not going to distract you from running now, is he... :-)
Enjoy the weekend off rather than feel guilty about it. If they happen every once in a while, then they were necessary rest breaks. The only problem is if they become the rule rather than the exception.
sfG
Hi Jen - sounds to me like you have had a well earned break - enjoy!
Great news for you Jen - and a GREAT weekend. Although, I hope you didn't actually go into work as well did you??
(btw - just finished the latest Harry Potter. Not quite up there with the others, but a big ending)
Post a Comment