Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'm back !!!!

Friday 15 July - Sunday 17 July: "time out" week

End of my "time out" week. Between work, my cold getting worse on Friday and low levels of motivation, this "time out" week has been great timing. The only exercise-related activities to report are:
(a) watching the TdF;
(b) going to the tennis (Davis Cup) on Saturday;
(c) buying a Livestrong wristband;
(d) seeing Marty and Genene when I was having brunch with my girlfriends this morning;
(e) doing my calf/shin exercises today,
so just your typical couch-potato activities.

It's funny how a lack of exercise plays with your mind. I'm feeling very much the lardy-arse at the moment - I feel like I've put on 20kgs. I know I haven't but that doesn't stop part of my brain playing tricks with me...

So the "time out" week in review looks like this (v. scary):
Satan weight sessions with Satan: 2
Spin: 0
Run: 0
Stretch/pilates: 0
Time spent watching the TdF: lots!

The week ahead - I'm back !!!

My cold has subsided, work should (I hope) ease a little this week, I'm feeling very motivated again and looking forward to my mental health day (otherwise known as a sickie that my boss has approved in advance) later this week (not to mention the fact that Lance will have retained the TdF title by the end of the week!). Goals for the week are: (1) to add a pilates class to the usual plan; and (2) ease back into the running after 10 days off.

Monday: Satan
Tuesday: Pilates + run (15mins)
Wednesday: Spin + Satan
Thursday: Run (20mins)
Friday: Spin + upper body weight session
Saturday: rest
Sunday: run (25mins)

1 comment:

Cirque said...

Sounds like a good plan Jen. The pilates should be a really useful addition to the rest of your training.
Glad to hear the worst of hell month is over work-wise.