45mins spin class at lunch today with a different instructor - my first spin class in 2 weeks. Felt shattered afterwards. Quads felt like jelly. Could hardly walk.
Tomorrow - my long run of (wait for it) 20mins. Shins seem ok but LHS ITB is a little tight I think...
6 comments:
Good luck with your run tomorrow Jen - hope it goes well (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you). And 20mins is ok - when I first started back running after ITB surgery I was allowed to run 1min with 4min walk, five times! That was in January.
Wow Jen! Go the LSD. I found out this morning that if I'm very good I should be up to 20 minutes in four weeks. Must go - I'm about to go to the gym for my five minute run!
You make sure you STILL take it easy Jen. 20 mins is more than long enough to hurt yourself. Listen to your body and do what your calves/shins tell you.
After all, you don't want to be injured for the Sunday brekky
20 mins will soon be 25 then 30 and so on until we are running off into the distance doing 2 hrs or more!
Hope you're coming along for the ride on Sunday.. you can run for a while and then get Mr Lulu to whisk you to the finish and brekkie!
Listen up sweety! You make sure you go easy tomorrow ok! If there is one thing I have learned it is that learing to run "easy" is as hard a lesson to learn as rinning fast - its especially important to those of us which are prone to injury. Good luck mate!
Post a Comment