Pretty much sums up my day so far. Some days you just have to laugh. I arrived at work at 6.30am this morning (in order to get a couple of hours done before heading off to the gym to see Satan) and discovered that my access to the network had "time restrictions" and I wasn't allowed into the system. WTF! Then after I'd done my session with Satan, I discovered that I had left my suit skirt at home. Arrrggghhh. While I think my gym gear is much more comfortable than a suit, I didn't think my co-workers would appreciate the sight - so I climbed in a taxi and headed home. I was very tempted to curl up in bed when I got there - but the prospect of visiting the Lindt cafe this afternoon was just too hard to resist ;-) so I headed back to work. All this before 10.30am and (perhaps most importantly) any coffee!!!!
Activity: weights with Satan
Time: 8.30am
Duration: 30mins
I was going to describe it as another Satan special but then I realised, every session could be called that. Both upper and lower body copped it today - circuit consisting of:
* floor bridge with single leg extension
* side leg lifts
* something without a name that could be described as a prone hold on toes with side arm extension (probably the hardest exercise I've ever done - so far),
repeated 3 times followed by:
* squats standing on disks;
* biceps curls,
repeated 3 times followed by glute stretches. Another 15mins of ITB/glute stretches to finish.
Later this afternoon, a run (sans tape). Fingers crossed & hopefully the Polar will make it out of the box. Now what to call it...
Edit: apologies for what has become the world's longest blog post...
Activity: CR excursion to the Lindt Cafe
Time: 2pm
Duration: 1 hour
Joined Lulu, the Owl and Don Juan at the Lindt Cafe for Lindt Excellence 70% chocolate tarts (served with double cream) all round. And people ask me why I run. It's not for the 'scenery'; it's so I can eat truly decadent stuff like this. After all, life is too short not to eat good chocolate (or drink bad red!)
Activity: run
Time: 7pm
Mood/energy: high (all that sugar no doubt!)
ITB report: sensational!
I had an interval session on the program but given that my orthotics have been adjusted again (to prevent them from removing all the skin on the arch of my left foot), I decided to do my usual flat 40min run near home and to push a bit harder than normal. Well either I was fueled by chocolate tart today or I ran really slowly the last time I did the course (probably a bit of both), I blitzed my PB for the route.
I reached my usual turnaround point in 17.59 (as opposed to 19.30 on my last run). After a quick pit stop to stretch my calves & ITB (let's call it a 2min SR), I came home in 16.28 (as opposed to 19min on my last run) - a total of 34.28, a PB of 4mins! (distance approximately 6.5kms)
The best news however was the fact that I ran without tape on my knee and my ITB was fine - didn't niggle during the run nor after I had cooled down. Woohoo (*she does a happy dance). Right hip is a bit tight and I have a slight (new) niggle in my left hip which may be orthotics related (!) but I'll keep an eye on that. However between the PB and the ITB, I am a very happy gal right now !
5 comments:
Oh its good to hear that other people have days like me! Hope Lindt Cafe was good - I'm sure it was!
That prone hold on toes with side arm extension sounds bloody complicated and hard so it must be good for you!!!!!
I once scored a nice tie and retro business shirt from Vinnies that way Jen.
How about Beelzebub?
When something like that happens to me, the whole day goes head over hills, at least you had enough time to go back home.
No I can't understand that prone position...
Now hang on - let me get this bad day straight in my head. You managed to get out of working for a few hours in the morning - went to the Lindt cafe with great company - had a 4min Pb on your run - and still have the Polar toy to get out of the box and play with?
Sounds like the sort of bad day I wish I could have EVERY day!
Well done on the PB Jen.
Every single acheievement is so much sweeter when coming back from injury so enjoy it all.
mmm maybe celebrate with another lindt tart?
Post a Comment