Thank you for reminding me Cirque.
Well last nights win by the Socceroo's has resolved the Jen_runs' households dilemma of holiday destinations for next year. Mr Jen_runs and his mates are off to Germany for the World Cup (he rolled in at 2am this morning declaring it the greatest day ever in Australian sporting history...). Me, I'm off to Nepal to trek to Everest Base Camp followed by a quick trip to Chile later next year for a dig. Now I just have to look at my racing program to see when I can squeeze these trips in !
Activity: swim
Time: 6am
Duration: 40mins
Mood/energy: alright
I really must find a more scenic pool ;-)
Felt like I was swimming this morning with Satan sitting on my back after doing 60 (assisted) chin ups yesterday. I used one of those between-the-legs flotation device thingys (can't remember the name..) to take my legs out of the picture and make sure I didn't aggravate my ITB any further (which I doubt is even possible) which was interesting and insightful. I now know where my stroke falls apart when I get tired (the follow-through). I have to say that I'm really looking forward to being to kick again so I can get back to doing programs rather than just swimming laps - I always lose count.
By the way Miners, my pool doesn't have a black line. It has 2 lines of dark blue tiles instead. Funny, I've only just noticed that..
Summary: 40.35mins; 1,550m
Knee report: well it doesn't ache anymore (thank you Nurofen Plus) but I still can't bend it without feeling like someone is trying to relocate my knee cap onto my other leg. I have to walk down steps one at a time, which really sucks when you live in a 3rd floor apartment building...
8 comments:
Jen - I have found Voltaren Rapid to be more effective than N+ (you have to ask for them at the chemist - not on shelves). If you still need to satisfy a coedine habit you can still get it through Panadeine etc :-)
Leaves your chin feeling great ;-)
Jen, walking down steps one at a time is good practice ... you'll be doing the same thing for the few days immediately after you run Willy to Billy, and 6FT, and any marathon etc :-)
See ya tomorrow!!!!!
Jen
I have been to Nepal twice. I am in love with the mystique of Everest so treked in that area both times.
If you need any tips just give me a yell.
Better get that ITB well - there are lots of uphill bits :-)
wt
ooooh - blue tiles! How novel. And here you are complaining about the scenery!
What I wouldn't give for just one little blue coloured tile to break up the monotony ...
OK, enough of the complaints of no scenery. How about you meet me at the ABC pool sometime soon? I am thinking I might do it on Saturday morning. We'll discuss it over the world's largest tart (DJ..hehehe) tomorrow :)
Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...
Jen I'm not sure you can actually squeeze Nepal in between races. I may be wrong but I think you have to check out the weather there or something. Anyway, sounds like fun!
Oh! And I forgot, have a tart or two for me tomorrow.
Germany for footy and beer, or Nepal for mountains and culture. Easy choice.
Post a Comment