Monday, June 27, 2005

'cause we all have wings...

Worked through lunch but managed to escape the office (if only briefly) for a quick legs weights session at 3pm this afternoon. My legs (quads & calves in particular) were feeling pretty beat up after yesterday's run - which was my longest in quite a while and was on bitumen. Once I warmed up, they felt better but still very tight. Need to increase my stretches over the next few days. Back onto the treadmill tomorrow for an easy run.

My gym's new timetable is out. They have dramatically cut the number of spin classes - grrrrr. In order to make up my third class for the week, I may have to do it on a Tuesday - run in the morning and then spin in the evening - or maybe I switch my midweek runs to Mondays and Wednesdays (rather than Tuesday/Friday). Decisions, decisions.

Strange day today. I read Hannah's blog this morning which brought back memories of my battles with my inner demons... Fortunately I fought that battle and won. Quite simply, food is fuel and I need it if I'm going to train like an athlete. I've come a long way baby. Speaking of which, it's time to eat !

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Glad you're back to running pain free. Such a good feeling to get back into it. I've never tried Spin but it's supposed to be great. My gym is opening a new branch in Bondi soon and that's going to have a Spin studio so I'll be able to give it a try. It's supposed to be a good complement to running too. I look forward to hearing all about the GC later in the week... should be fun. I went up a couple of years ago to see Mr Lulu do his first marathon and it was a great atmosphere.

Hannah said...

Good for you, re the whole food thing :) these days, I sort of feel that I'm just going to have to accept that I'm always going to have to watch my relationship with food. Dammit. *L*

See ya soon! xxx

Hannah said...

Good for you, re the whole food thing :) these days, I sort of feel that I'm just going to have to accept that I'm always going to have to watch my relationship with food. Dammit. *L*

See ya soon! xxx