A sure sign that there is a runner lurking somewhere inside me. I sent an email to a colleague today about our "PD" meeting (practice development) – but instead I wrote "PB". I didn’t pick up on it until she pointed it out. Running has found its way into my subconscious it seems...
25mins on the treadmill at 7pm today (6min/km). A bit of calf tightness/shin pain early in the run but it seemed to settle down as I progressed. There is some slight tenderness on my LH shin now so its back to the ice & time to up the stretches and strengthening exercises again. Might skip Thursday’s run and do another spin class instead but I’ll see how its going tomorrow...
4 comments:
Good idea - rest up a little OK? We don't want any shin pain coming back at all. Perhaps you may be getting over-confident with this pain-free running all of a sudden. Start back slow, 10% rule, blah, blah etc... You want to be injury free for all that mad woman jumping up and down on Sunday, right?
What minersrun said, be careful with the shin, lots of stretching, self massage and running on soft surfaces, leave the hard stuff alone!
Oh Jen - not your shins again! I feel your pain Sistah! Miners and Stu are right - R.I.C.E. When coming back do it on soft surfaces only for a bit. Strange you would develop shin problems from a tready though..
Pain Jen ? You and me both. :( Oh well hope you have fun at GC and rack up a PB for Cheerleading !
PS my physio says M.I.C.E. Where M = move it ! You'll soon work out whats right for you.
Have fun !
Post a Comment