Wednesday, July 27, 2005

23 positions....

Busy times.

Tuesday 26 July - 30mins cardio

Why is it that I had double the amount of sleep that I had the night before (7 hours cf 3.5) but I felt twice as tired ?? I could not get out of bed so I had a bit of a sleep-in and headed to the gym at lunch for my 30mins run/bike cardio session. Easy 15min run (7min/km) followed by 15min bike (L8 @ 100RPMs). Legs/shins felt good.

Wednesday 27 July - Satan x 2

6.40am 30mins spin class with the Satanic Spin Instructor. Felt like shite. Quads felt like lead even with very little resistance on the bike. Even thinking about the TdF or picturing SC's arms weren't enough to lift me. Simply felt like crap. About half way through I decided not to stress about it and just take it (reasonably) easy. I have been eating well over the last few days so I'll just right it off as one of those things (particularly given how I felt during my session with Satan later on), perhaps due to dehydration and/or my interrupted sleep patterns over the last 3 weeks...

2pm session with Satan. I must have woken up by the time I saw Satan but I felt fantastic during this session. Again another largely upper body session - a circuit of:
* straight arm lat pulldowns
* reverse flyes
* assisted chin ups
* push ups
* step ups
* kneeling on the swiss ball,
repeated 3 times. Highlight of my day came when Satan commented on my shapely shoulders and arms. Woohoo. On my way to SC arms !!

I had planned to run tomorrow but I've since remembered that I had earlier decided to do 2 runs/wk every alternate week in an attempt to convince my shins that they like running 3 times/wk. So I've decided tomorrow to walk to work instead (about an hour) and then try to get to my pilates class at lunch (work is crazy again/still). With some sleep and lots of water, I should be back on track for a tough spin class on Friday.

1 comment:

miners said...

It almost sounds like the load at work is worse than your injuries at the moment Jen - can you see any breathing space there in the forseeable future?

Incidentally, have you looked at the Dodgeball DVD cover yet? I've completely put the female satan image out of my mind, and continue to imagine your tormentor as Ben Stiller