Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bend and stretch....

Pilates class AM today. My first in about a year since my back problem last year. I was a bit concerned how tough it would be after my session with Satan yesterday as my abs were sore when I woke up this morning. But it was a great class. It was amazing to see how much my core strength has increased over that time (thanks Satan!) Great class with a new instructor. Will definitely be part of my weekly plan from now on.

I headed back to the gym for my run/bike session. After a warm up, I ran for 15mins on the treadmill. I took it very easily (7min/km @ 140HR) as it was my first run in almost 2 weeks thanks to my shins. My hammies were/are sore after yesterday's session with Satan and for the first 3mins my calves, hammies and hips felt sore and tight. Once I warmed up they were fine. Will ice tonight just in case. In order to make it a half decent session, I then did 15mins on the bike (level 8 @ 100RPMs; 160HR). While it was a very easy session, I am so far off being ready for C2S next month, it's not funny. Fudge.

4 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Don't worry about C2S Jen - just get a calender and mark in the minimum runs you need and then just do them! Keep the training load and the intensity light.

miners said...

Good advice from Wobbly - never let a race hang over your head. Glad to see that session went well.

btw, isn't it bend, and SNAP!

Unknown said...

Pussycat you will be so strong by c2s you'll be fine!

miners said...

Obviously you're not a legally blonde fan - thought that bend and snap move would have been right up your alley!