Sunday, July 24, 2005

Food glorious food

A late night (again) thanks to the TdF. I don’t think I’ve ever felt more stress nor more emotional than I did watching the TT last night. Ok so it was late, I was tired and I’m female – I’m allowed to be irrationally emotional (that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!).

Today I have done nothing but eat. First I met the C2S trial runners at Bondi at 9.15am for breakfast (took me 1.5 hours to get there – I love public transport timetables on the weekend...not). Then after laying on the grass to read the newspapers overlooking Bondi for an hour, I headed to Maroubra for a BBQ with friends... A great way to spend a day.

Week in review:
Monday: Satan
Tuesday: pilates + cardio (15mins run/15mins bike)
Wednesday: Satan
Thursday: cardio (15mins run/15mins bike)
Friday: spin (45mins)
Saturday: run (30mins) + walk (40mins)

Thanks to all the support I’ve received from the amazing CR community this week and the fact that I’ve managed to run 3 times this week (total of 60mins) without any shin/calf issues, I’m a happy gal right now.

The week ahead:
Monday: Satan
Tuesday: pilates + cardio (15min run/15min bike)
Wednesday: Spin (30mins) + Satan
Thursday: cardio (17min run/15min bike)
Friday: Spin (30mins) + upper body weights
Saturday: run (23mins)
Sunday: rest

So the plan includes 2 x spin, 1 x pilates, 3 x weights sessions and a total of 65mins of running (note I’m obeying the 10% rule)...might also try and squeeze in a massage or a trip to see the Witchdoctor. Busy week but I will be able to get back to normal sleeping patterns as the TdF ends tonight :-(

1 comment:

CJ said...

Yay - 3 runs and a total of 60mins - that's great! Fingers crossed that it just gets better and better.