Saturday, July 23, 2005

Life is beautiful

It's hard to remember that sometimes when work and 'shite' gets in the way.

Had a fantastic night last night - dinner with my closest girlfriends. Plenty of red wine (pinot - my fav!), sensational gourmet pizza and (my other fav) mud cake!

My dad stayed at my apartment last night and woke up at the unearthly time of 6.30am this morning (I like my weekend sleep-ins!) but made up for it by bringing me a coffee while I was still in bed (Mr Jen, are you taking notes ?). After Dad left, I was feeling decidedly flat and ordinary so I decided to run later in the day and sat down to catch up on my blog reading. An hour later I was up and ready to run. Reading about the lives and experiences of my fellow bloggers always lifts my spirit and mood.

During the walk down to the trail (my fav place to run), I noticed that both of my soleus (whatever the plural is) were very tight. Must work on that. A beautiful Sydney winters day; calm, clear and still. Ran very easily and slowly for 20mins. A very comfortable run on a beautiful day. I took it particularly easy through a couple of rocky areas as it was the first time I had run the trail since I got my orthotics (which I realised very quickly after my shoe didn't 'give' on a rock - don't worry, I was very careful). No shin pain or even tenderness before, during or after to report but will ice tonight just to be sure. A great way to start the weekend.

Tomorrow is my rest day (except for calf/shin stuff). I'm meeting the C2S trial runners Owl, Go Girl, Lulu, Caro et al in Bondi for breakfast - looking forward to it !

5 comments:

Cirque said...

Fantastic Jen. I'm so glad to hear you managed 20 minutes with no pain. Remember to keep taking it easy for a while.

CJ said...

Glad to hear you had a good run with no soreness - fingers crossed, you're on the road to recovery. Have a good run tomorrow - I'm running for 2hr 45min but at least for the last 45min I'll have company followed by coffee and brekky (I'm thinking pancakes might be the go!)

silverfox said...

Jen

I am so glad to be reading this! Remember small increments and listen to your body. That run you describe reminds me of a run I do from Wollstonecraft to Berry Head where there is one very bumpy rocky section.
Keep it up Jen, I hope an event comes up soon where we can catch up in person, I would love to have a chat.

Wobbly man said...

Good for you Jen - its so good to har your run was at an easy pace and you are being rewarded by your caution! I hope the CR breaky is great tomorrow!

miners said...

No, sorry - that is simply too happy for anybody's blog posting ;)

Lovely to hear you had such a great day after your continual work commitments and troublesome shins/calves