Today I've realised that it is my 8th consecutive day in the office. No wonder I'm still sick and tired and blahish. Another rest day today. Was planning to do a spin class tomorrow morning but in all blog honesty, I couldn't be arsed right now...
After reading Plu and Tim's blogs and Gronk's sad news today, I've decided to delete (for now) my upcoming races table. The evergrowing list of DNS is doing nothing for my state of mind - and I think I need to go back to basics and straighten out and deal with my shin/calf issues before even thinking about racing. Depending on how I go over the next few weeks, I think I'll do the Bay Run (7km) at the end of the month as a training run rather than a race. The "Training Slow" thread on CR also has my attention - might be a good time to work on both issues. Now I've just got to get a HRM...
Off for acupuncture tomorrow for my usual neck/back condition but I'm going to mention my shins as well and see what he can do. Failing that, I'll be off to the (in)famous witchdoctor very soon.
Once I finish my snazzy new mag (R4YL), I think I'll start on Lance's second autobio (Every Second Counts) - in serious need of some inspiration right now...
4 comments:
Hi Jen, Definately time for a day off by the sounds of it so I hope you can have one soon.
Your plan sounds like a good one. When I started running it took me quite a while before I could train consistently because I would try and do too much and then get injured...knee problems, back problems, achilles, PF and the list goes on! The good news is that eventually your body sorts itself out and adapts to the new stresses we put on it and away you go. You'll get there and it won't be long.
Hi Jen! Hope you're feeling a bit better. Lance's second bio is ok -not as good as his first but still inspirational. I also agree with what Lulu says - the list of injuries I got when I first started running would've filled a large book and it used to be soooo frustrating. The good news is that your body does sort of toughen up (as long as you're sensible) and injuries become few and far between (note I didn't say they go entirely!). So hang in there, it does get better!
CJ's book review is right on the money and is still a good read - although it quickly glosses over the "personal" side of his life. It is still a good read though (and somewhat timely I might venture...). In my book of life there are no penaties for time outs Jen, I doubt there should be in anyone's.. Looking forward to catcing up in person soon..
Post a Comment