Only 4 hours of sleep last night thanks to the TdF. Last nights stage was simply tortuous. Think I woke up the whole building cheering for Hincapie and he's not on my team!!! I can't begin to describe how much watching the TdF inspires me. Just the punishment they take day after day is nothing less than mind-blowing. Fortunately it is a rest day tonight so I can catch up on some sleep...
Had a lunchtime date with Satan today. Strangely, my legs felt dead and heavy. Always do after a rest day. No idea why. Today was a really tough session:
* step up/knee up things for glutes
* jack knifes on the ball for abs (ouch)
* a ball-based glute/core/hammy exercise I don't know the name of (I haven't done this exercise for over a year since before my back problems last year. Today proved how much stronger I have become. The first time I tried it, I rolled off the ball and landed in Satan's lap..not this time. 10 reps each set. Easy. I am strong, I am invincible...)
* barbell chest press
* reverse row thingy.
Repeated 3 times...
Right now, I just want to curl up under my desk and go to sleep. I wonder if anyone would miss me....
5 comments:
Good gym session - must help having Satan pushing you. Maybe I need a Satan to push me! Like you, I've noticed my legs always feel heavy after a rest day -not quite the effect you're after when running!
I would miss you Jen!
How was Hincapie's form? And now I'm certain that Ivan's just waiting till next year (bugger it). Can't really say enough about Nancy can we ...
'I almost fell into Satan's lap...'
Your choice of partners is starting to worry me. ;) Keep up the good work!
Curled up under your desk asleep - I did that once after a big night in my younger days - the stupid phone kept ringing (maybe it was a co-worker)! Nice work out Jen!
Glad you're feeling better this week. I don't know how you exist on four hours sleep though... I would be a very grumpy Lulu! Thanks for the birthday wishes and I'm looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Post a Comment