Up early for what has become my stock standard flat, easy (& boring) 40mins run near home. Really struggled to get my butt out of bed this morning - no doubt a combination of the effects of a feral week at work, dread/frustration thanks to the ITB and boredom with my (and the only) flat run near home.
Felt really flat again. No improvement from my knee - started niggling at the 20min mark and by the time I got home, it really wasn't very happy at all :-(
Took myself off to the physio again mid-morning for another ITB massage. Despite all my work this week stretching, strengthening etc my ITB was tighter today than it was after my long run on Sunday. I have an appointment with both my physio and Andy the Pod on Tuesday afternoon for a discussion regarding my orthotics (if only all medical practitioners would work together so well!). In the meantime I'm to continue my stretches, strengthening exercises etc. Physio has also given me some tape so I can tape my patella and hopefully run with limited, if any, pain in the meantime. My physio pointed out today that if I took 3 weeks off we would probably be able to resolve the problem...needless to say, this (even after the cortisone injection) is my least preferable option. Having said that, there will always be more races; the most important thing at this stage is getting this problem resolved...(how very zen of me!)
Plu dropped off his MP3 player tonight at home so the Owl & I are responsible for podcast interviews at FF tomorrow - that ought to be fun !! Plu also took the time to grab a few of his running-related books for me to read which I really appreciate!
Plan for the next few days:
Saturday: CR cheersquad road trip to Fitzroy Falls followed by a leisurely swim
Sunday: 60mins around the Bay with the Owl
Monday: AM swim followed by a day spent in a corporate box at the SCG watching the cricket (don't get too jealous - I'll be spending most of Sunday in the office to make up for it!!)
3 comments:
Stay zen, pet. The fact that you now think your 40 minute run is boring shows how far you've come. Remember to enjoy the journey.
Hey Jen
I will give you an call for a chat!! This is not an injury you can run through... your physion might be right about a few weeks of not running. It seems like a lot... but might end up your better quicker than running with the injury. But in saying that only you know how you are felling and what the best thing to do is. Keep your chin up.... it is hard when your feeling flat!
I hope cheering went well... you will have that sexy voice back again :)
Jen, I'll trade you my abductor for your ITB :-)
Post a Comment