I have a serious date with my friend DOMS today. My shoulders, chest & tris are sore thanks to Satan, while my back & abs/core are sore thanks to Pilates last night. For once, the only part of me that isn't sore are my legs :-)
Activity: run
Time: 6am
Place: the Bay
Duration: 40mins
Mood/energy: pretty good.
ITB report: tape rocks.
An easy/recovery 40min run was on the program for today. Unfortunately I am bored to tears with the only flat piece of land near home so I made the decision to get up a bit earlier this morning (the alarm went off at 5am, OMG) to drive to Drummoyne to run a lap of the Bay. The first time that I've run the Bay on a weekday. I parked near the Drummoyne Rowers just before 6am and set out to run a lap of the Bay in a clockwise direction. A beautiful morning; relatively still despite the winds that seem to howl through the house during the course of the night. By 6.30am however it was getting very warm and humid - bring on daylight savings!
Now it was supposed to be an easy/recovery run but towards the end of the run I picked up the pace a bit in an effort to get back to the car within my allotted 40mins. I know, I know, it was supposed to be an easy/recovery run but when you've suddenly found that you have a second gear ('slow' as opposed to 'very slow') it's exciting and difficult to hold back ;-) Mind you, my "slow" gear isn't much faster than my "very slow" gear so I really wasn't pushing it that much ;-) I will certainly ease back during my run on Thursday, I promise. Once I got back to the car, walked up the Rowers for a drink and got back to my car for a stretch, the delightful Professor arrived on his run and stopped for a chat (*waves). Soon I was in the car and heading home for a quick stretch, to attack my ITB with the rolling pin and shower before heading to work. More stretches and ice tonight on the ITB. It is however much happier today than it was yesterday.
A lovely way to start the day; I'll definitely make a weekday pilgrimage to the Bay part of my routine from now on (but Professor, no Lilyfield St reps for me just yet...)
Summary: 40mins - 7kms.
7 comments:
Sounds like the training is coming along very nicely there, you're zooming around the bay. You should try Centennial Park one morning too.. not far in the car at that time of day and you can always shower at our place.
I think DOMS might be two-timing - I also had a very very serious date with DOMS today! Not a pretty picture, I might add! Good to hear you had a good run - its about time ;-)
That sounds like a good run Jen. Your running is coming along nicely. You are building nicely for Central Coast. I just hope all those niggles behave themselves.
I understand the desire to do a flat run and glad you enjoyed. You are doing well with your prep for the CC Half.
TA
The bay is at its best at that time of the morning!! YOu will fly at CC... or alt least push every one out of the way with those muscles :)
Keep it up... your doing really well :)
How did I miss hearing about this DOMS thing? Everyone's using it now, and I still don't know what it means! :(
Onya Jen,
Things are sounding good, thanks for the note on my blog.
Post a Comment