Well, not yet – but they will be by the time my ITB is back to 100% !
Firstly I cannot thank everyone enough for your support & advice. Yet again I am humbled by, and grateful to be a part of, such an amazing community.
I don’t think there is a muscle in my upper body (well, maybe except for my eyelids!) that isn’t sore today. Remind me to find another way of taking out my frustration rather than during a weights session with Satan. I’m really sore today – love it :-)
My knee is feeling 100% better today. No niggles from it (even when walking down stairs) since yesterday afternoon. Stretches this morning followed by ice once I got to the office. I am having a bit of a problem stretching it without my hip half-popping out of the joint (sorry - too much information. And yes, the physio knows about my party trick - and no, I'm not demonstrating at CR drinks!). Just need to be a bit conscious of it.
Headed off to the gym at lunch today for my physio-ordered glute and VMO exercises (3 sets dodgy leg; 2 sets good leg) plus glute/ITB stretches. Followed with some ab/core stuff. More stretches & ice tonight. The plan is for an easy, flat and short run tomorrow before deciding whether to do spin with the Satanic Spin Instructor on Friday morning. Reading Lulu’s blog today has reminded me that it’s also time for me to get back into the pool. I haven’t swum since I stuffed my rotator cuffs in the right shoulder last year - now I just have to work out where to squeeze that into my week!
Mr Jen is spending the weekend at the cricket so the Owl and I are currently thinking about a CR cheersquad road trip down to the Fitzroy Falls races on Saturday*. Given how feral work is at the moment, the prospect of a sleep-in is much more appealing right now – but then again, the prospect of tasting LL’s cakes has some serious appeal. Funny that ;-)
My new motto - “You should aim for the impossible and achieve the incredible” – MPHaz. Wise words young fella :-)
*And before anyone asks, I am not running at Fitzroy Falls. Remember, I’m banned from hills for the time being!
4 comments:
I am sooo glad to hear the spark is back! That is a great sign that it settled back down really quickly... the hills were probably the problem, and seeing the central coast is flat as a pancake, that is not too bad :) I wish someone would tell me to avoid hills haha I hate them :)
Jen
What a difference a day makes. The last time I visited there was some serious hill work done and all of a sudden bloody ITB and knee stuff again (although no excuse for potty mouth young lady but you have a reasonable excuse this time!).
Make sure you dont try and do too much too soon. Remember incremental improvements. Keep at it Jen and keep up your positive attitude, it will take you way beyond a half marathon, believe me!
That was buns of steel the Jane Fonda video from the 80's. You have to push Uncle at Central Coast so we need you back.
Let's hope there's no more jennifering of the knee while I'm away!
Post a Comment