Saturday, October 29, 2005

Back to back part 1

Ok, you can all relax. The great ice cream binge of 2005 is now over (thankfully!).

Activity: run
Time: 8am
Duration: 40mins
Mood/energy: pretty high (fueled by the ice cream no doubt)
ITB report: tape is good.

The program today called for a 40min "very easy" run. I had thought about heading over to the Bay for this run but I decided that was just too hard so I crawled out of bed and hit my usual flat yet v. boring route near home. One of my earphones started crackling after about 15mins which was rather annoying. My first run in my adjusted orthotics and except for a small 'hot spot' on the arch of my left foot, they felt very good.

Activity: weights with Satan
Time: 12.30pm
Duration: 30mins

Off to the gym at lunch to see Satan (as I didn't have time to see her on Thursday). Another (largely) upper body circuit consisting of:
* leg extensions
* assisted chin-ups
* single arm reverse flyes w/ alternate leg
* floor bridge pullovers
* straight arm prone hold,
repeated twice with pec & back stretches to finish. I felt really strong today, particularly on the assisted chin-ups. Good session

More stretches and ice for my TFL and ITB tonight. Looking forward to my run with Lulu and The Owl in Centennial Park tomorrow morning - which will also be the first time I've run on consecutive days. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Cirque said...

Woo hoo. This is getting exciting now Jen. I'm so glad it's falling into place. Good luck tomorrow!!!

CJ said...

Tim Tam icecream - gotta try it! Also, have you tried those Tim Tam ball things? Might have to get those too! Hope your run with the girls goes well tomorrow - say hi to everyone.

Hilda said...

Is good to enjoy -what seems to be an excess sometimes- the things you like, specially a sportive woman as you. When you have finished you won't be wanting more all the time as when you refuse to eat them.