Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fishnets, Dumplings & Depp

What more could a girl need or want? ;-)

Thanks to everyone for the comments & the reminders that it was actually a pretty good run under the circumstances.

A few Q&A's first -

Ewen - unfortunately there will be no Six Foot for me next year. A close friend has decided to get married on the same date. And unfortunately I'm not about to break the race record enabling me to run the race and attend the wedding :-(

Rags - no, I didn't catch Owly. She finished about 6mins ahead of me - I wasn't joking when I said she was flying!

Hamburglar - "Nosh" is unrelated to the post-race tradition (the consumption of bacon & egg rolls) but has something to do with the former name of the orienteering club which holds the event - but exactly what I can't remember now...

Some might call my week so far 'lazy' - I prefer to think of it as 'recovery' :-) Monday was a rest day. Tuesday I just managed to drag my butt out of bed at 5am for a 40mins spin (high cadence) on the trainer to get the blood flowing through the legs again while watching a doco on Everest :-) I pulled up from the Great Nosh pretty well actually - some lower leg tightness which an hour in the Tiger's lair later in the today sorted out. Wednesday became another rest day when work got in the way of my plans for a weights session. Today I had an appointment with Saint Andrew after work so I drove to Rozelle & then ran to work in slight, misty rain. 5km in 31mins felt surprisingly easy, at least until a touch of what Ellie would call 'vanity fartlek' which unfortunately coincided with a big hill…. ;-) Friday will be another rest day thanks to back to back meetings - ai ai ai. But I have a few things planned for the weekend which will get me moving again - including the re-introduction of the functional (glute/core strengthening) exercises which I have neglected since before Six Foot. If I am ever going to solve my ITB problems (which really has been an issue for me since I started running) then it is something that needs to become a priority.

I'm still undecided as to whether to do W2G (25k trail race) in just over 2 weeks. I do have a back-up 25k trail race in July planned as part of my W2B preparations. Perhaps it's not the best idea at the moment - but when has that ever stopped me ;-)

And in more news, my firm has agreed to sponsor its employees to enter the City 2 Surf this year. Noice!

MTD: 24.88k

7 comments:

Superflake said...

NOSH: North of Sydney Harbour?

Jen said...

Ha! I knew I knew what it means - I found the answer in a post of mine on CR last year!

Northside Orienteering and Social Harriers.

Boring eh? ;-)

Lulu said...

You'll be surprised once you get your strengthening happening again how quickly it starts to work. I neglected mine for a few weeks but a week of doing them religiously has definitely seen a big improvement.

Fe-lady said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words from you- and good for you for finding an off-road tri!
You will have a blast! Can't wait to hear about it!

Tesso said...

Great news about C2S. So are any of them actually runners aside from yourself?

Ewen said...

What?! No Six Foot? That was damn inconsiderate of them ;)

You'll have to talk your sponsor into having a tent on the beach for the after party.

undercover brother said...

core strength is the key.
....so people tell me!

hope 'the firm' has flash tshirts for u :)