Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happiness is...

...running along a trail, not having seen anyone for over an hour, in the pouring rain with glasses which are half fogged up & half rain splattered, it's bloody cold (wearing long skins, long sleeve top, 2xu jacket, hat & gloves without overheating), the water that inundates your shoes as you run through the puddles is icy cold & yet still thinking to yourself that there is nowhere else you'd rather be right now :-)

It is also waking to the sound of rain falling - and turning off the alarm, rolling over & going back to sleep for another 1.5 hours :-)

I headed up to the Oaks Fire Trail at Woodford today (basically the start of the W2G course) for my long run today. I really enjoyed it. I felt strong but took it easy because it would have been a long, cold walk out if I'd hurt myself. The track wasn't in the best condition - it was alot more exposed than I recall & thanks to all the rain, the sandstone slippery & even the clay was soft. I nearly went A over T several times when what appeared to be sandstone actually turned out to be soft clay! I didn't see anyone else for the duration of my run (who else would be that crazy!) - the time to myself was exactly what I needed after a feral week at work. Combined with the weather (my favourite running conditions) & it was like soul food. Finished with 16.36k in 2:00:54 (aver 7:20min/k) one happy gal :-)

MTD: 55.8k

4 comments:

Tesso said...

You are insane!

Ewen said...

No she's not!

trailblazer777 said...

thats the spirit! onward.

Fe-lady said...

I would give ANYTHING to be cool and wet right now. It is still 108 here and supposed to be hotter tomorrow! Yuck! Workouts are early, to say the least!
Trails are the ONLY place to run!