Friday, June 15, 2007

TFIF

What a week. Sooo much has happened since Monday :-)

Since I got back from Nepal, I haven't really been feeling the cold very much. But Wednesday was, by the far, the coldest morning out here at Penriff yet - my windscreen was still covered in ice when I tried to leave home at 7.15. I headed out at 5.15am in a long sleeve top, lightweight jacket, hat (CR of course), gloves & skins & promptly overheated. An easy 30mins around the hood - my legs felt a bit dead after a massage the day before but otherwise there were no probs whatsoever. Finished with 4.95k in 30:44mins (aver 6.12min/k).

Thursday morning I was up at 4(fn)30 & on the trainer at 4.45 for an interval session. After a lateish night, I wasn't that enthusiastic about getting up so early but the need to be at work early (earlier),Willy2Billy only being 10 weeks away & 2p's words ringing in my ears (the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary) proved to be sufficient motivation. Despite feeling really tired when I crawled out of bed, I felt surprisingly alert, strong & full of energy by the time I got on the bike -

5mins w/u
6 x 4mins efforts/2mins recovery
5mins c/d
Total: 46mins

then 15mins stretching & into the shower, all before 6am ! I was supposed to run this morning but instead of getting into my post-run shower at 6.15am, I was in my car on the way to work. Grrr. End of financial year is not my most favourite time of year.....

The weather has played havoc with my rockclimbing course - tomorrow's session has been cancelled but at this stage, Sunday is still on. The idea of rockclimbing scares me - but I'm not that disappointed that tomorrow has been cancelled - it means I get to go for a trail run instead :-) Now I've just got to decide where.....

MTD: 39.44k

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Hope you find a nice trail to play on :)

Ewen said...

You'll find a trail. Rock climbing scares me too. I wonder where this is all leading?

You should be in good shape by W2B. See you at Bush Capital. Only 16 for me at this stage but who knows.