It's been a crazy week - too much work, not enough sleep & even less training. It will be even crazier this week - so much so that I'm a wee bit concerned that I might not make my flight to Brisvegas for the GCM on Friday night......fingers crossed.
Monday was a rest day - I was rather sore & tired (physically & mentally) after the weekend's activities. Tuesday & Wednesday were a write off - Tuesday because I rolled over & went back to sleep after waking at 5am to the sound of rain & Wednesday due to work. Thursday I finally got moving again. I was due to run from Rozelle to work but stuffed up the logistics so had to settle for an interval session on the bike at the gym-
5mins w/u
5mins - 30sec effort (135RPM/L6)/30sec recovery
6 x 4mins effort/2mins recovery
5mins - 30sec effort (140RPM/L5)/30 recovery
5mins c/d
Total: 51mins
I was rather 'glowing' by the time I had finished.
Went out yesterday (Saturday) for my long run around the Glenbrook National Park. I honestly don't enjoy doing my long runs on Saturday mornings but I can always get myself organised - eventually - for a trail run. So it was 11am before I left the car & started running. The causeway at Glenbrook had been closed for over a week due to Sydney's crap weather but a call before leaving home confirmed it had re-opened & that there was about 200mm of water over the road & about 100mm over the footpath. What they didn't tell me was how icy it was - I actually couldn't feel my toes for a few minutes after passing through it!
After leaving the car I took the Ironbark - Euroka - Mount Portal & return loop, finishing with 16.13kms in 2:00:39 (aver 7:28min/km). Think I'll call this one the Rollercoaster in future.

The view from Mount Portal is one of my favourites in Sydney -


(c) Spud 2007
I've pulled up pretty well. Shins are a bit tender as most of the steep downhills on this course as on the road. But otherwise a-ok :-)
MTD: 71.93kms
5 comments:
Lets hope your work doesn't stop you from visiting this great state of ours.
Nice pics BTW and on your previous post aswell. Looks scary but exciting at the same time climbing those cliffs.
I used to do heaps of indoor rock climbing for school sport when I was Cranebrook High. I think the center was on Peachtree road if my memory serves me correctly. That's where you get to practice technique.
Might see ya a GC
Gees Jen, hope you make it up here!
wow thats huge RPMs!!
we should hook u up to some kind of power grid.
cu gold coast.....
11am's a civilised time for a morning run Jen. Hope to catch you up north for a coffee.
You'd better make that plane Jen. Do you want me to be an imaginary client, summoning you to an urgent meeting in the middle of the afternoon?
Post a Comment