For a day with very little exercise, I have a lot to say (surprised, no I didn't think so?)
After not long after my post last night I got on the bus to go home from work and started reading The Pat Farmer Story which I actually borrowed from my mum. What an amazing guy. Such a sad start to the book; I actually had to put the book down as I was just about crying on the bus. Reading his book started me thinking about my journey. With my A-type personality, I have always been a goal-orientated person; I'm good with detail and not so good with keeping my eye on the 'big picture'. But last night on the bus after I put the book down, I started thinking about my longer term running goals, some of which are known by my nearest and dearest and others which are not. This Half is only a tiny step in this journey I have embarked on. I must try to remember that. As my wise & good friend Cirque said to me in an email today: "...the journey should be fun and you should try to enjoy the challenges and the small achievements along the way. After all, you're doing this for pleasure, not obligation! Instead of worrying about the niggles, and the fact that they might slow you down, relish the fact that you can run for so much longer than you could last year." She is right (of course!)
Caught up with the Owl, Lulu and Don Juan at the Lindt Cafe this morning. Fortunately there were no tears from DJ as there were sufficient pain au chocolat to go around. Highlight of the morning by far was DJ's stories about winning awards for the best carrot cake and the best 'brown eggs 6pack' at the April Springs ag show back in the 90s. Must remember to ask him to bring his certificates and ribbons to the next CR drinks for show-and-tell :-)
At lunch I headed off to the gym for my physio-ordered glute and VMO exercises (3 sets for dodgy leg; 2 x good leg) plus glute and ITB stretches. My knee is niggling a bit today so I've had the ice pack on it a few times.
Had a telephone call and subsequent email from my physio today. She has spoken to Andy the Pod and seem to think that in settling my shins down, the orthotics may be contributing to the ITB problem. Andy the Pod however is reluctant to adjust my orthotics for fear of causing more/other problems. While the "c" word was mentioned for the first time (cortisone), for the time being I'll keep stretching, icing & strengthening my bits.
Caught up with the Owl, Lulu and Don Juan at the Lindt Cafe this morning. Fortunately there were no tears from DJ as there were sufficient pain au chocolat to go around. Highlight of the morning by far was DJ's stories about winning awards for the best carrot cake and the best 'brown eggs 6pack' at the April Springs ag show back in the 90s. Must remember to ask him to bring his certificates and ribbons to the next CR drinks for show-and-tell :-)
At lunch I headed off to the gym for my physio-ordered glute and VMO exercises (3 sets for dodgy leg; 2 x good leg) plus glute and ITB stretches. My knee is niggling a bit today so I've had the ice pack on it a few times.
Had a telephone call and subsequent email from my physio today. She has spoken to Andy the Pod and seem to think that in settling my shins down, the orthotics may be contributing to the ITB problem. Andy the Pod however is reluctant to adjust my orthotics for fear of causing more/other problems. While the "c" word was mentioned for the first time (cortisone), for the time being I'll keep stretching, icing & strengthening my bits.
" 'Impossible' is merely a word that exists in the confines of our minds"
1 comment:
hope your ITB feels better soon, dude... cortisone injections sound uber painful!
You're doing so fabulously with your running... I wish we all lived nearer eachother and could train in a pack!
Post a Comment