Sunday, October 09, 2005

HM less 8 weeks...

Sunday 9 October - 70mins long run

Today's run has given me a lot of confidence. My last two long runs have been around the Bay (ie v. flat) and at a very comfortable pace. So today I decided that I need to push myself a bit more so I headed for the trail from Middle Head to Mosman Bay and then up Avenue Road to home. Even the climb up Avenue Road (1km), though tough, was reasonably comfortable. Total of 70mins; approx. 11kms.

So the mind is in good shape right now & the body isn't so bad either. Left foot is fine; left shin was a little unhappy at about the 50mins mark but it seemed to come good by the 60min mark; right knee/ITB/glute is improving - it did niggle during parts of the run & I stretched it 3 times but it didn't tighten like it has in the past. Stretches and ice to follow today just to be sure.

Oh, and running with the iPod rocked. Loved it.

Training this week has again been somewhat interrupted by my cold/laryngitis and the niggle in my left foot but otherwise it's been a great training week:
Runs - 3
Satan - 2
Weights - 1
Massage - 1
Spin - 0

The week ahead is another tough week but I'm feeling v. positive right now and looking forward to it. Goal for the week is to add a pilates class:
Monday: walk to work (1hr) + Satan
Tuesday: run (6 x 2min; 1min SR)
Wednesday: Satan
Thursday: run (15mins hill session)
Friday: 2 x 30mins spin classes
Saturday: run (easy 30mins)
Sunday: run (60mins)

7 comments:

CJ said...

Well done jen; its really good news to hear that nothing has flared up. Keeop it up and you'll be doing that half with ease. Running with the ipod is great isn't it - I love mine!

Tesso said...

Sounds like a tough week ahead Jen. 2 x spin classes in one day - I'm still trying to work up the courage to get to one.

Oh, and I reckon Apple should be paying we girls for all the iPod plugs we give!

Katie said...

Yeah!! Another long run under the belt! Thats what you need for the half...time in your legs! I am glad your feeling confident... you are certainly putting in some hard work :)

Keep it up...central coast here we come!

silverfox said...

Great effort today Jen, hill training - except no subsititute! The strength and the enduarance you will get from those types of runs will serve you very very well.

silverfox said...

sorry Jen please 'accept' as opposed to 'except' no substitute!

Don Juan said...

Good hill work Jen. General rule of thumb: 2 hills = 1 pain au chocolat

You'll eclipse earlier performances with hill sessions.

Hilda said...

You are recovering very fast even working out that is good, those spinning classes should be very motivating as long as you attend twice a day, lucky you!!!