Monday, October 17, 2005

HM minus 7 weeks...

Sunday 16 October - 60mins long run

I let myself get really dehydrated yesterday at FF so today I've felt like I had a hangover - without the alcohol or the dancing. Spending 5 hours in the office didn't help my mood either. I didn't really feel like going for a run so it was fortunate that I had agreed to meet the Owl and Dave from Trivia (who danced up a storm with us at Retro the other week!) at 4pm for a lap of the Bay (including the canal). Cool conditions except for the headwind on the western side of the Bay which made it pretty hard work. I felt really flat and my LH soleus was really/unusually tight which was strange. Taping my knee however helped - there was no niggle/pain in my knee which was a nice change.

Summary: 9kms; 58mins

Monday 17 October - swim (1km)

Up early for a quick swim. I haven't swum for over a year now after damaging my rotator cuffs in my right shoulder so I was a little anxious about getting back in the pool as it took me 6mths to get my shoulder back to 100%. Very relaxed 30mins in the pool, particularly thanks to 2 women doing a very leisurely breaststroke in the medium lane. Grrr. Off to the cricket today - assuming of course it stops raining....

Summary: approx. 1km (I lost count a few times...); 30mins

This week training has been a bit interrupted thanks to my delightful ITB:
Satan - 2
Walk to work - 1 (1hr)
Runs - 3 (40/40/60)
Cheersquads - 1

The week ahead will be interesting - work will be particularly feral this week so I need to make sure I get plenty of sleep and eat properly (I've been forgetting to eat at work lately - and anyone who knows me will know just how unusual that is!)
Monday: swim - 1km; 30mins
Tuesday: 6 x 2mins; 1min SR + appointment with physio + Andy the Pod
Wednesday: Satan
Thursday: Satan + 10mins 30/30
Friday: 2 x 30mins spin classes
Saturday: 30mins easy run
Sunday: 90mins run

3 comments:

Hilda said...

Hello, it was nice to see you at cj's place. I can imagine how you guys deal with so much work and still working out so strong!! You really are some women!!
What's satan??

Cirque said...

Sounds like you may need to explore the taping a bit more if it worked well for you, Jen. Good luck with your physio/podrunner consultation.

Superflake said...

Can't miss the chocolate.