My funky right hip is feeling much better after yesterday's massage, thanks for asking!
For the last few days, I have sounded like a drag queen who smokes a pack a day and who had a huge night last night (no offence to all the drag queens out there!). Hehe. However this morning my voice actually somewhat resembles my usual voice. Still deep and husky but improving....
Up early this morning to head to the gym for 10mins on the bike before my session with Satan. Today t'was an upper body circuit session consisting of:
* lat pulldowns
* single arm bent over flyes
* squats focusing on my VMO
* single arm tricep pushdowns
* straight arm prone hold,
repeated twice. I felt really strong this morning. Increasing my sessions with Satan to twice a week has made a huge difference to my training & strength - not to mention increased definition thanks to (finally) stripping my remaining holiday kgs (and then some) off. Happy days :-) :-)
I finally escaped from the office at about 2.30pm to head out for a run in the Botanic Gardens. 17min warm up loop around the Botanic Gardens to start with followed by some stretches. The plan was 8 x 1mins; 1min CR - the actual session turned out to be:
1 x 30sec
1 x 45sec
6 x 1min
I stuffed up the first two because I'm such a speed demon (not!) that I underestimated the length of path that I needed. LOL. Such a beginner. The first 5 x 1mins intervals were actually pretty consistent but I blew out on the last. I ended up doing my intervals on a path rather than on grass and unsurprisingly my shins are a little tender tonight. Next week Elf & I will head down to the oval at Rushcutters Bay instead. I also have a tender spot on my left foot which is new; ice tonight, run on grass on Saturday and hopefully it will be right for my long run on Sunday. The best news however was that I had no problems with my knee today - yippee !!
5 comments:
Hope your intervals go OK. I find them hard to do on your own.
We should definitely plant the next visit to the Lindt cafe.. how about when Owly gets back next week?
I *was* going to take offence, but seeing as you apologised so nicely, i won't just this time.
What's happened to our elfy?
What on earth happened to your voice, Jen? Circuit sessions are a hard workout, but you're seeing the benefits of it...looking good!
Just out of interest Jen, how do you know what a chain smoking drag queen sounds like the morning after a big night?
Loved your comment elsewhere on blogsville about finishing the central coast half late-ish.
I've alerted the local Entrance astronomy club to look out for a shooting star or lunar eclipse to signal your sunset finish.
Post a Comment