Wednesday was quite a busy day - off for a run in the morning, a function at lunch, afternoon tea with Go Girl and the Owl at the Lindt cafe (we choose to think of it as carb loading) and finally a session with Satan. Phew! No wonder I'm not feeling rested despite the fact that I've only run 3 times in the last 10 days!
Distance: 5.11kms
Duration: 31:42mins
Aver pace: 6.11min/km
MTD: 35.95kms
Quite a good run. My legs - for once - didn't feel like lead. My dodgy right glute was slightly niggling but has greatly improved over the last 24 hours. Happy days :-)
The session with Satan was an upper body weights session so my legs can get some rest before the weekend (when I'm run my average weekly total at the moment in the space of 2 days!). A tough session - as always:
* an inverted row;
* single arm bent overs row balancing on a swiss ball;
* double arm laying tricep extensions;
* some oblique/core exercise I can't begin to describe; and
* crunches,
repeated twice.
Today (Thursday) is a rest day. I've done 30mins stretching this morning and am off to see Saint Andrew this afternoon for a final wheel alignment before the big weekend. Can you tell that I'm excited? My glute is even better today so I'm in a much better headspace now. No I haven't packed yet (but I have dug out my beanie!) - but I have written a mini list of things I need to take - though I'm not sure what it says about my thinking ;-)
* Garmin (charge)
* camera (battery charger)
* ipod & armband
* 4 sets of running gear
* clothes for work on Monday
Hehehe.
A few more stretches tomorrow morning before work then I'm leaving the office at 1pm to head to the airport to meet the Owl for our flight to Brisbane. I'm excited. Warwick here I come!
15 comments:
Have a great weekend Jen, I'm sure the gang will have a blast up there.
yeah - have a great time jen - i hope you blitz all your chosen races and the glute stays nice and quiet. see you soon!
Enjoy the weekend as I am sure you and the Owl will. My thoughts will be with you.
Yay!!! I'm excited too.
Add sunscreen to your list!!!
I'll have my my iPod charger if you need to use it - nothing worse than a blat flattery. Though I have a Shuffle so don't have a cable thingy.
Good luck up at Warwick. Just watch out for those country boys.
I belive you those are happy days!
Good luck and enjoy running!!
Will be good to see you again - on my blog in May last year I wrote a 'what I learnt at Warwick' thing, there's a list there if its any good to you :)
Hope you have a great weekend away :)
With so many people either running at Warwick or the SMH Half this weekend I reckon I've planned things poorly to not be attending either of them!!
This time tomorrow we'll be on our way!
It all sounds good Jen - have fun and don't over-do it (remember the plan) ;-)
We'll miss you down here, but have an enormous weekend! (oh, and enjoy the running parts too :-)
Gnome
Hope you have a great weekend Jen !
I missed wishing you the best Jen. Guess I'll have to shout:
HAVE FUN JEN. DON'T LET TESSO LEAD YOU ASTRAY!
Hope you're having fun! Can't wait to hear all about it next week.
It sounds like a successful weekend.
Hope you're getting some recovery carbo loading done at Lindt.
Post a Comment