Saturday, May 27, 2006

It's as easy as.....

I entered W2G last night - OMG. Scary stuff but geez, I'm looking forward to it!

Today (Saturday) has been a lovely day.

No CR 5km challenge for me today. I had thought of heading over to meet everyone for breakfast after the 5km but the prospect of having a sleep-in for the first time in weeks (well, as much as 8am is a sleep-in!) won.

Headed off to the gym for a great yoga class at 10am. I thought I was going to have to move to a different spot in the room when the woman next to me started to breath heavily even before the class started. I couldn't decide whether she was about to hyperventilate or give birth. Fortunately she did neither and quietened down eventually..

Picked up some gloves on the way home from the gym for my trail adventure next weekend. Now I just need to remember to use test out my fuel belt during tomorrow's LSD & I'll set for the Nosh :-)

Took my MTB out for a 10.18kms spin this afternoon. About 4kms into it, I realised that I'd left my nix at home. Needless to say (a) I was glad I had only planned to do 10kms and (b) I won't make the same mistake again! I almost had my first crash - so glad I didn't - there would have been lots of gravel involved & would have resulted in a very ungoddess-like look!

Do you like the latest addition to my bike?

These look like fast, aerodynamic shoes to me!

Anyone notice the latest adventure that I've added to the long list? Who wants to join me for the trip to the Gong? Let's hope I don't have a fall otherwise I'm going to be one ugly bride, LOL!

10 comments:

Ellie80 said...

hey jen - looks like everything is going really well although i get tired just reading about everything you are doing! Love your bike bell! i'm pretty sure i'm going to have a go next sunday - just need to psych myself up a little further! would have loved to join you guys tomorrow but unfortunately have my course on so have to go out for my long run at a very anti social hour (and no nice breakfast!!). have fun!!

Cirque said...

Jen - when you say you left your nix at home I really hope you meant you were wearing something else instead.

Cool bell BTW ;)

Hilda said...

Woow! Now racing on the bike, way to go!!

I wish I could be there in so many events. Still I wonder how it is to be there among many others on the bike. It scares me...

Thanks for the explanation :)

Aki said...

How long till you do your first triathlon?

Katie said...

They look like space shoes... very snazzy! You will have a ball on Sunday at the Nosh!!

Don Juan said...

My head's almost spinning you've got so much on the go, and you're getting married. Impressive.
Mt Wilson to Bilpin is a great run. I'm not even sure I can fit it in.

Don Juan said...

I like your new comments photo dressed all in black.
The old photo looked like you were picking up blokes at a sleazy bar ;-).

Dave said...

The Gong ride should be great this year now that the coast road is open again! Many memories of the Gong acting as a support vehicle but have never actually riden the event.

Tesso said...

Flash shoes Jen ... I hope they match the wedding dress ;-)

PortRunr said...

Oooh, I haven't done a Gong ride for 5 years! It's such a fun ride (well maybe less so in 2000, when it was pouring rain and blowing a gale!) I'm a bit intimidated by your new shoes and bell though ;)
Depending how the year pans out it might be time for a comeback!! :)