Saturday, May 13, 2006

Resuming normal transmission

What a lazy week I've had. Let's call it a "recovery week" shall we?

Thursday became another rest day simply because I was too tired to get up early to go to the gym. My day wasn't totally unrelated to running. The Owl & I went to a bike maintenance course after work. Now I've just got to put my cadence sensor on it. But first I need to work out where all the bits go ;-)

I also sent in my entry form for Warwick. The plan is to do 4 of the 5 events - 1500m, 5km (with the Owl & Cirque), 4.6km XC and the 10km mountain "ascent". While the 5km is going to be v. special for me, the last 2 races are the ones that I want to run well. The prospect of doing the 10km "ascent" at this stage of my return to running is, shall we say, a little daunting but I am v. excited by it :-)

Friday I actually went for a run. Woohoo. My first run since Sunday!

Distance: 5.53kms
Duration: 35.01mins
Aver pace: 6.19min/km
MTD: 26.83kms

35mins in the heavy rain. I don't normally mind running in the rain but I was cold and my fingers frozen. Let's just call it a character building exercise. Thankfully there were no complaints out of my piriformis - it's still tight but no longer making itself known. I'm a bit nervous about carrying the problem into Warwick (not to mention the races I have lined up v. soon after Warwick) but with lots of stretching and some magic from Saints Andrews and Tiger, she'll be right mate :-)

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Well it hasn't rained yet for any of the Pentath-Runs so hopefully we won't have that to contend with. It'll just be the blinking cold weather.

For the ascent just take it easy and enjoy the scenery. Its just so spectacular, it takes your mind off the pain of running uphill.

Tesso said...

I lied, it doens't really :-)

Superflake said...

I thought it was you this morning. Well I was driving pretty quick and they were on the wrong side of the road!

Hilda said...

I was wondering where were you, maybe I called you in my mind and you had that dream, beleive it!
How nice that would be, who knows, maybe one day that could be true!!

Great to hear you are fine and running!!
How is the bike??