...was not my favourite character from the Wizard of Oz (the Lion rocked!) but I'm doing a very good impersonation of him today. My hip flexors, quads and adductors (in particular) are rather tight & tender today and have not yet forgiven me for Saturday's shennigans :-) As a result, my lower back has also been rather tight - but thankfully I had a session with Saint Andrew tonight which sorted that out.
Activity: weights & cardio
Time: 6.15am
Duration: 40mins (weights) + 20mins cardio
Headed to the gym this morning for an upper body weights session followed by a v. easy 20mins on the bike in lieu of my usual 20mins easy/recovery run - a wise move given the degree of DOMs. I was surprised to learn that I hadn't done this particular upper body session in almost a month - and the effect/result was noticeable. Opps. Finished off with 20mins stretching. Nice.
Someone asked me today if I had managed to wipe the smile off my face after Saturday's run. In all honesty, there hasn't really been one. I'm not sure why. I think I still can't believe that I'm running again. Does that make sense? Probably not. However (as Horrie commented yesterday), thinking about what I'm capable of without an injury & with some consistent training in the bank, now that's exciting :-)
5 comments:
Nice job on your recent 5K Jen!! You're definitely getting back into the swing of things!
It is very exciting! You've got lots of potential so it will be great to watch; I'll be watching as you disappear into the distance!
Jens that was some great run on saturday, you are already back with out any speed work!
You are not only running again, but fast!!!
Ditto - watching you run, I was very taken by the fact that you have a very efficient and natural running style. You are nice and light on your feet and I don't think it is going to take much to get you recording some nice times.
Lot of potential kiddo.
Horrie's right Jen - anything's possible if you can steer clear of the injuries. Good luck!
Post a Comment