Saturday turned out to be another rest day. And probably a much needed one. Late in the afternoon I started to feel rather ordinary - like I was fighting off a cold. Normally I'd go into panic mode about how much training I'm likely to miss. I didn't think that at all. I just thought to myself 'that's cool - it will be gone by next weekend'. Nothing like being injured to 4 months to make you listen to your body...
Today (Sunday) I met The Owl at the very civilised hour of 8am at Le Montage on the Bay for our LSD run. I had 80mins on the plan but after my piri problems of last week (and given next week's events) I decided to scale it back to about 50mins. It turned out The Owl had a 55min run followed by a 20min walk on the program which suited me perfectly.
Distance: 8.01kms
Duration: 55.13mins
Aver pace: 6.53min/km
MTD: 34.84kms
No sign of the piri problem - woohoo! I'm feeling much more confident about my plans for next weekend now :-) Lots of gossip, catching up and planning for our weekend in Warwick next weekend. Finished with 20mins of stretching and the (now obligatory) breakfast in Norton Street. Fab way to start a Sunday - thanks Owly!
Edit: Happy Mothers Day to my Mum wherever you are in Spain right now and to all the Mum's out there. I hope you've all been wonderful spoilt today :-)
This week - I've only done 13kms this week but my piri seems to have settled down now so I'm a happy gal.
The week ahead - I'm so looking forward to this week. It was at GCM in July last year that Cirque, The Owl & I started planning our assault on Warwick - how excitement :-)
Monday - lower body weights session + visit to Saint Andrew
Tuesday - pilates class + massage
Wednesday - run (35mins) + upper body weights session with Satan
Thursday - rest + visit to Saint Andrew
Friday - rest + 3pm flight to Brisbane
Saturday - cheering at the Half and then running the 4.6km XC followed by the 5km road race with my gals, Cirque and The Owl
Sunday - 10kms mountain ascent + 1500m
13 comments:
How excitement indeed!!
12 months on and it's finally happening- who would have thunk it?
Great to hear Jen!!! Sometimes a little less is all that is needed! You will have such a good weekend next week! Are you going to Gold Coast again this year? I hope so :-)
Sounding so good for next weekend Jen.
Your lucky Mum being in Spain! Oh well, at least you are going to Warwick ;-)
I thought you were doing all the events at Warwick. I guess after missing 4 months you wouldn't be keen to do the half as well. Turns out a half for the weekend anuway, just in 4 pieces.
Very civilised running with a late start and breakfast. Good luck with the Warwick assault.
Yay! I should have come running with you gals after all. I'm sure you'll have a great weekend in Warwick. Can't wait to hear all the details.
Jen
good to see you coming good. It was great to see you and Owl out and about and looking so comfortable this morning, clearly you are well on the way to beating your injury woes. Run well in QLD next week.
Have a great run in Warwick Jen and heaps of fun!
Thats not fair skipping out on the half. I hope to see you showing us all your gym moves by jumping up and down cheering. I have a feeling a lot of us will really need it!!!
Be good to catch up. You bringing the Lindt cafe with you????
Woohooo Jen - I can't wait to read how well you have done at Warwick.
Nice run!
Enojy now that you can run a decent hour, just remembered when you reported those early hours a couple months ago!
Great to see you get through 55 minutes so well Jen!
hmmm, that looks like an exciting end to the week :)
Jen sounds like all is going according to plan. Just look after yourself this week!! Hope to see you back for some long slow runs soon. :)
Post a Comment