Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fugly

Saturday 6 May - everything but running..
Rest day

An exhausting day for a so-called "rest day". Up and out of the house early to head to the Striders 10kms race at North Head to cheer the runners and chat with Tesso, Go Girl & Kit. A lovely, albeit chilly, morning. Cold fingers does not pain-free clapping make ;-) Followed by breakfast with the 3 Port Macquarie muskateers - Miners, Portrunr & Darren - together with Go Girl & Expozay, it was a lovely way to start the day. Unfortunately I had to leave early to get to Concord by 10.30 to see Saint Andrew.

Then it was off to Rozelle to visit Running Science. After playing with various shoes, I came back to the Brooks Trance - but how is this for a fugly shoe?

Who on earth designs these things?








Sunday 7 May - the Saints strike back...

Activity: run
Time: 8am

Distance: 10.06kms
Duration: 70mins
Aver pace: 6.57min/km
MTD: 21.3kms

Lulu, Ellie, The Owl & I decided to meet at the very civilised time of 8am this morning for a run at Centennial Park today. I haven't run Centennial in about 6 months now - it's nice to be back.

The term "fugly" also describes how I felt today. I was probably dehydrated after drinking too much coffee and too little water yesterday. Opps. Fortunately Saints Andrew and Tiger seem to have worked their (combined) magic on my knee because it was fine today (*yippee*). Fortunately Lulu's knee wasn't so happy (healing thoughts coming your way Lulu). Once Ellie & I finished our 70mins, the gals & I headed off to a cafe for breakfast where we were joined by Wine Trail Runner (Mr Lulu), Sparkie and Sparkie junior for a relaxing breakfast in the sun.

After dropping Ellie home, I headed into the city to pick up my bike (fugly certainly does not describe her). She's beautiful. After a quick detour home, I took her out for an easy ride for about an hour. I haven't owned a bike since I was about 10 - and yes, it was pink, had a basket & streamers coming out of the handbars - and it has been just as long since I rode one for any great length of time so I was a bit shaky to start with but of course got the hang of it (including using handbrakes & gears) pretty quickly - and no, I'm not going to use the (bad) pun I know you all are expecting ;-) A lovely way to end a great day!

The week ahead -
Monday: 20mins easy/recovery run + Saint Andrew
Tuesday: massage
Wednesday: 40mins moderate/steady run + weights with Satan
Thursday: rest day
Friday: run 32mins moderate/steady run
Saturday: Saint Andrew & going for a spin on my bike
Sunday: 80mins LSD + more bike spinning

8 comments:

Don Juan said...

You'll look like Paris Hilton in those glam gold runners.

I like them. Run yourself fugly.

PortRunr said...

I was great talking to you over the last couple of days. Thanks so much for the support, it really helped me get close to the 45!
How exciting to have the shiny new bike AND shiny new shoes :)

PortRunr said...

No..."I" wasn't "great talking to you", "IT" was "great talking to you"!
lol

miners said...

hey, I LIKE the trances - just can't wear the damn things though.

So where's the photo of the bike???

2P said...

Wooohooo Jen glad to hear the knee is good and congrats on a great run and ride on Sunday.

Yellow shoes and red Garmin - you could get a job as a lollipop girl at a roadwork site ;-)

Cirque said...

Oh dear! No surprise that it would have been a boy that designed those little beauties. Never mind - the way you're going on the trails they'll be covered in dust before you know it.

Superflake said...

Shocking colour send them back. I was in the park from 6:45 to 9:30. You must have been hiding from me?

TA and the Gnome said...

Enjoy the Bike. Long may you remain upright... :-)

Gnome