Saturday 1 October - Dancing queen!
Up early for 30mins of VMO/glute exercises + stretches before heading into the office. 5 hours later I headed over to Drummoyne to meet the Owl for our long run. As she was running a bit late, I grabbed the paper and sat in the sun on the hill opposite the Rowers. Not only after I sat down, I had my obligatory "Bay Run CR sighting" in the form of Karin & Truckie.
Once the Owl had arrived home, I drove over to Russell Lea and after a pit stop, we were off on our long run. I had 60mins on the program so we ran from Russell Lea to the Bay, and then turned left, running it in the opposite direction to last week. Wore my new Nike shorts - I hate shorts and normally run in bike pants - but they were very comfy though it occurred to me when I was doing one of my glute stretches during a drink stop that they are perhaps somewhat revealing when stretching... Must be more discrete in future ;-) If anything, they show off the sensational bruise on my ITB after my massage the other day. In parts it is almost 5cm wide and runs from my knee to half way up my leg. Need to take a photo of it - it's very impressive ;-)
I really enjoyed my run and the chat/gossip/counseling session with the Owl. It was warm but there was a nice breeze along the Bay. In the end, we did 65mins. As for my knee, it did tighten slightly around the 35mins mark but each time we stopped for a drink after that, I stretched so it's a little hard to tell whether it is improving or not. I think Tuesday's run will be a better indication as I rarely stop for water during that run.
By the time I left the Owl's place it was 5.30 and the great 21st birthday bash for Owl and Tesso was due to start at 7pm. Needless to say, I didn't stretch nor ice after the run :-( Quick shower, change & taxi trip later I arrived at Hannibals in Surrey Hills. A really fun night. I met Tux, Evie and Mrs Sparkie. The belly dancing displays given by the Owl, Uncle Dave & Truckie were a particular highlight :-) From Hannibals, it was off to Retro for hours of daggy dancing on the 80's level. For fear of being publicly shamed and disowned by my friends, I'm not going to record exactly what daggy songs we danced to - but given I crawled into a taxi at 3.30am, there were quite a few ;-)
Such a fun, and funny, night :-)
In summary:
Planned run: 60mins
Actual run: 65mins (approx. 10kms)
Time spent dancing: 4 hours!
Sunday 2 October - rest day
My voice is a little worse for wear today - it's kinda deep and husky. I choose to blame it on the Garmin-envy lurgy I had earlier in the week rather than the events of last night (maybe I can blame the smoke machines...)
A rest day tonight and I've pulled up rather well from yesterday's run (which was actually my second longest run ever) and hours of dancing last night in rather high heels. 30mins of stretching this morning + VMO/glute exercises.
I'm really happy as it also marks the official return of Mr Jen_runs to Sydney. As I mentioned in my blog last month, Mr JR has been working in western NSW for the last 20 months. However he has accepted a new position in Sydney (which he starts next week) so his return from China today (a holiday to catch up with friends) marks his official return to Sydney! Woohoo. I'm really looking forward to having him back - the only problem however is that I have to spend tomorrow cleaning out the shelves (ok, so they were HIS shelves) in the wardrobe that I hijacked when he moved out west... and let's just say I've bought a few clothes in the last 20 months ;-)
5 comments:
Glad you pulled up well after the running and dancing combo! Enjoy your reunion with Mr Jen_runs:)
I'm glad everything went well this weekend Jen.
I had a great night...I hope dancing queen was featured!!! Next time I will have to show off my moves :)
Keep up all you good work... 9 weeks to go :)
65mins running and the only thing strained is your voice - well done, thats impressive (and somewhat predicatable) ;)
Hi Jen, Your Hannah banner seems to have gone walkies?
Post a Comment