Sunday, October 08, 2006

Insatiable...

My already incredible appetite has gone into another stratosphere after 2 heavy weights sessions this week – love it!

Friday 6 October - Pilates
I headed to the gym for a GRC Pilates class at lunch. Another tough class from the Satanic Pilates Instructor. My core quickly reminded me that I haven’t been to a class in 2 weeks now….

No exercise this morning – but no sleep in either – as I drove to Rozelle so I could make a quick getaway from work in order to meet The Owl & get to Concord in time for my 6pm appointment with Saint Andrew (Owly had the appointment after mine!). I could really get used to leaving the office at 5pm! Afterwards I had dinner with Owly in Concord at the positively normal hour of 7pm (!) before dropping her home. Lovely to see you Owly!

Sunday 8 October - run + ride
After a crap nights sleep thanks to an unsettling SMS at about 11pm, I arrived at Centennial Park feeling tired just before 7am to meet Ellie to join her for the last 30mins of her run. It was CR-central this morning. As I was pulling up, I saw Blue Dog (undercover) comfortably gliding past. No sooner was I out of the car that I heard “Hi Jen” and there was an undercover Bristol FC (*waves*) a few cars down from me. We also bumped in Kit & Bernie G shortly after setting out on our run.

This was my longest run to date (30mins), in my new neutral shoes (sans orthotics) & if my loungeroom wasn’t crowded by packing boxes, I’d probably do a cartwheel. No injuries. Not even a niggle. I’m feeling great. Happy days :-)

Once we finished our run, we were joined by our personal slave from Clarence Street and it was onto our bikes for Ellie’s maiden voyage on her bewdiful new bike (complete with spokey dokes). My bike is now the proud owner of a lightening bolt spokey doke – thanks Ellie ;-) An easy 6.5kms later and it was time for breakfast. Let me tell ya – Ellie is a natural on the bike. In years to come, when she makes her IM debut, I’ll be able to say “I was there the day she first took her bike for a spin…” ;-) A lovely breakfast in Clovelly Road & a walk through Cheeky Monkey without spending any money (a rarity for me) rounded out a lovely morning.

MTD: 15.19kms

This week has been a good/consistent week of training for me –
3 x runs
2 x rides
2 x weights sessions
1 x pilates class
Phew. Can’t begin to describe how happy I am to be running without any sign of niggles.

The week ahead about the same workload I hope – but with a bit more packing than has been done this week !
Monday:
PM: weights
Tuesday:
AM: run
PM: massage
Wednesday:
AM: bike interval session
PM: GRC pilates
Thursday:
AM: run
Friday:
AM: GRC pilates
PM: Road trip to Fitzroy Falls with Ellie & Owly
Saturday
Run
Sunday
Rest

9 comments:

Superflake said...

I went through the park this morning about 8 and then on the way back at 10. Very busy both times on the bike track. Would have been testing for Ellie and yourself.

2P said...

Hehe I made it 3 for the Saint on Friday - I was there at 4.00pm ;-)

Nice run and ride Jen.

Ellie80 said...

i see that saturday has a run programmed... what's 5k between friends??

and i wish i could take credit for being a natural on the bike - to be honest the bike practically rides itself :)

Don Juan said...

Good news on the neutral running.

My appetite for food has picked up lately too. 'Insatiable' had the mind boggling ;-).

Ewen said...

That's great news about your run Jen. Not so about your poor forgotten core ;)

Now... I wonder if my bike will go faster if I get some spokey dokes?

Horrie said...

It was great to see you running this morning. Glad to hear about your cylcling expedition with Ellie.

undercover brother said...

bugger! now i'll have to get a lightening bolt spokey doke as well just to keep up with CR trends.
glad to hear you are being de-niggled.

Lulu said...

I go away for two weeks and miss out on all the exciting stuff. Look forward to a run with you in due course. There's always bed for you at the Lulu household if you need a city pad.

miners said...

Jen_runs IM_mentor ... I like that :)

great to hear about the niggle free neutral running !