To answer a few questions first:
* despite seemingly adopting a new nickname over the weekend (jen_swells) - thanks TA! - while my 'sea change' is 6-9 months away it is in no way related to pregnancy (thank you Cirque). God forbid.
* yes Hilda, my holiday to Central America is still going ahead in April next year (I hope we can meet while I'm there) before the 'sea change' kicks off shortly afterwards ;-) And no more hints!!!
Today's resolutions:
* I must eat dinner earlier. Tonight it was 9.20pm. That's not good.
* I choose to ignore the voice in my head which suggests that I must or should run every second day or 3 or 4 times a week. I think that is a battle we all struggle with - the perception of what we should be doing & how our fitness will be adversely affected if we don't do it. Perhaps those are the times when it is most important to (truly) listen to your body.
* don't buy so much books. Packing sucks.
I had a good day today. Helped Ellie spend her money when she bought a very sexy bike. It's almost enough to make me want to take up tris. Almost, but not quite ;-) Reminds me that its about time I got mine dirty...
Headed to the gym tonight for another weights session - hopefully I didn't fry my legs as much as I did on Saturday:
* circuit of deadlifts, shoulder press & squats with a 15kg barbell x 3;
* superset of single leg press with foot externally rotated (to target VMO) and hamstring curls x 2; and
* circuit of bent over rows, bicep curls & chest press with a 15kg barbell x 3,
finished with 20mins of stretching. My forearms were fried by this stage so I couldn't contemplate doing any more upper body stuff. Still, it was a good, strong session.
8 comments:
Frantically looking for Ellie's blog to see the pics of her new bike..... Now missy, change or no change your body needs food earlier - capiche?
It's nice that you had a pleasant run the other day. Helping friends spend $$ is always fun!
I hope I could remember when I make resolutions, it seems I am so focus until the moment when I have to make it true :P
Good luck on yours!!
Fingers cross we can met when you are "around" here!
Can you get bikes dirty on the indoor trainer ;) Perhaps Nat can give you some tips (I'm not sure if hers has actually BEEN outside yet though ...)
Well I was also wondering about that 6-9 month reference :)
Have you spoken to anyone about that voice in your head, sounds a little concerning!
Gee don't let Clairie read about you having dinner that late she'll give you a right razzing...
With training I never get to eat before 10:30pm 2 to 3 nights a week - I hate it.
Some exciting changes at the moment Jen.
Sounds like a long time for us to be in suspense re the SC though ;)
I'd faint if I waited that long for dinner!
I know what you mean about constant training...I feel slack if I miss more than a day in a row.
Packing does suck!
Thanks for the answers; you've got the cryptologists working up late decoding the clues. My own theories are cystallising; how about we play a game of charades
'[tugs earlobe] sounds like....'
Post a Comment