Monday, October 23, 2006

Road trip!

Spent the past weekend in chilly Canberra. Strewth & CJ picked me up from my hotel at 8.30am on a fresh Saturday morning for breakfast - it was soooo lovely to catch up with them both (*waves*) -


L-R: me, Strewth, CJ.

Saturday afternoon this pussycat headed to Canberra Zoo for a close encounter with another cute cat -



Isn't he bewdiful? And yes, I made it out of there with all my digits & limbs intact.

Sunday dawned even colder. I headed out for a run just before 7am. Despite the fact that Mt Ainsle & its trails were tantalisingly close to my hotel, I behaved myself & stuck to the flats. Headed from my hotel down to do a loop of the War Memorial, then along Anzac Parade heading towards the lake and looped back & headed for home. Finished up 7.16km in 46:42mins (aver. 6:31min/km). And at the risk of repeating myself (again), no niggles!! I am loving this 'niggle free, consistent training' thing. Who knew it was so much fun ;-) (*she says touching wood). I'm also pretty pleased to see that my 'run all day'/LSD pace seems to be picking up; mind you I've only been running flats lately....

MTD: 46.61kms

Today (Monday) it was back to the gym for another weights session with Satan. Asimilarr session to last week. I was feeling very tired before the session but woke up pretty quickly after it started -

* lunges with single arm shoulder press with 6kg dumbbell (opposite arm to front leg);

* push-ups (On. My. Toes. Baby);

* a core exercise - god knows what its called but basically starting on all fours but with the top of your feet resting on a swiss ball then rolling your legs out straight so you are in a push-up or prone hold/plank position before coming back down;

* adductor exercise using the swiss ball;

* lying side leg circles,

repeated twice with a final set of lunges/shoulder press thingys to finish. Feeling great now!

I'm moving this weekend. And given that my loungeroom looks remarkably normal, I've got a *stack* to do this week so my training (and particularly my blogging and blog reading) will be limited...

8 comments:

2P said...

Cats are my favourite.

Nice run too :-)

Lulu said...

It's great to see you back to training with no niggles.. v.v. exciting. There'll be no stopping you now.

miners said...

... so it was nice you could give us a great update before the big move occurs. Love the cheetah photo - must have been trez cool :)

Ewen said...

Chilly Canberra! Are you kidding? It's bloody beautiful today!

Glad to hear your running is niggle-free Jen. That's a lovely feeling.

Unknown said...

It's called a prone jack-knife ;-)

Superflake said...

Nice spots

Bennyr said...

Good luck with the move, Jen. Moving sucks - may yours be v. smooth.

Cheers,
Ben

strewth said...

Hope the move goes well and is stress-free Jen (if possible). Love that photo of you two pussycats - it's just gorgeous (like you)!